Operations Executive (Physical Games) - 12 month FTC
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our seven development studios spanning the UK, Bulgaria, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, HARDlight, Amplitude Studios, Two Point Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based in London, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a hardworking bunch of people spanning Tech, Sales, Marketing, Finance, QA and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business through living our company values of always collaborating, being entrepreneurial in spirit, having a winning mentality and focusing on uncompromising quality.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we make sure that we look after ours, even more so with everyone working remotely during COVID-19…
- For our gaming buffs, you can get involved in our online gaming nights and free SEGA games on Steam
- Fitness fanatics will love our discounted gym membership and ride to work scheme. You can find your zen with our weekly virtual yoga classes as well as online physical therapy with our masseuse.
- We hold regular company updates to keep everyone in the loop and we stay connected with social events like virtual pub quizzes and art workshops
- We support your learning & development with access to online courses through Udemy, and webinars and resources on mental health and financial wellbeing
- When you’re in the virtual office, we’ll make sure you have everything you need when it comes to tech/furniture, and we pride ourselves on having flexible working hours to ensure that you have a life outside of your home office
- You'll have access to a comprehensive benefits package that includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an enhanced contributory pension scheme. We offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that you can stay motivated and focused on making SEGA the best it can be
- We want people of all backgrounds to see themselves represented and included in our work, so we actively seek to diversify our team and bring more voices to the table. All applicants are welcome!
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our Careers website to find out why we are a workplace you’ll never want to leave!
A fantastic opportunity to grow and continuously evolve the within the Physical Operations team. The focus of this role is to support the Physical launch roadmap on console & PC platforms.
Under the guidance and support of the Physical Operations team, and working with other SEGA key stakeholders, you will ensure that all assigned titles are released in the most efficient and effective manner, on time!
You will be ambitious and intellectually curious, constantly challenging for the highest standard in everything, and continuously seeking to improve quality tools and processes, planning, and reporting. Highly motivated and driven, you will be results focused, looking to create and constantly improve the best Operations Department.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Games industry experience with an understanding of 1st parties such as Sony PlayStation, Microsoft, Epic, Stadia and Nintendo.
- Good financial acumen, reporting, communication, organisation, and analytical skills
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft package
- Title schedule
- Track key milestones for our new release roadmap
- Distribute this within the business
- New release planning
- Work with first party/studio’s/key stakeholders to plan new releases to launch
- Create project plans for each new release showing key dates/deadlines etc
- Assist in sourcing components required for special editions, working with Legal and first party to pass compliance requirements
- Support SEGA’s ongoing sustainability packaging promise
- Collaborate with the Product Marketing, Brand & Commercial Teams to build out the release plan
- Liaise between studio, first party, and Submissions team with regards to timings, schedules, potential hurdles, or blockers
- Support in the procurement of company merchandising requirements
- Order Management
- Order Management and distribution for all EMEA territories for all new release and back catalogue stock
- Primary point of contact for outsourced warehouse and replicators, managing daily working relationship and any issues that arise
- Be flexible in your approach to assisting all areas of the Operations team and the business as whole