Sales Technical Advocate
Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Inmarsat’s Government business unit delivers against the requirements for voice, data and video services with demand for global availability and utmost reliability. Whether a military commander on operations, a government official responding to a local emergency or a head of state conducting international affairs, Inmarsat provides them with essential access to voice and broadband data, where and when they need it.
Primary role purpose:
Residing within the G2 Sales organisation, the Sales Technical Advocate is a field based role working alongside and in collaboration with the Account Managers and Business Development Managers to identify customer problems and to then propose competitively advantageous solutions utilising components from Inmarsat and our Partner Eco-system. The primary focus will be on driving growth areas of our portfolio including GX, LMAX, Push-To-Talk (PTT), L-TAC, Hosted Leasing and new hardware introduction with an initial focus on Government Aviation ISR (manned and unmanned) and Land Special Operations Forces use-cases.
The jobholder will be required to engage pro-actively with a broad cross-section of contacts across the company, end users and channel partners. The focus of the role is to influence and understand the client/partner technical requirements and use the current product and service portfolio to propose solutions that meet these requirements.
The emphasis of this role is to support sales and business development across the region and will require local, regional and occasional global travel.
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales (revenue and bookings)
- Act as the technical face of Inmarsat to end-users and partners, using our technology differentiation and compelling vision of the future to help set the brand preference for Inmarsat
- Work with sales teams, partners and end users to define, shape and understand technical requirements, steering customers towards Inmarsat’s unique differentiators
- Develop new solutions to meet emerging market requirements, including identifying new industry Partners to work with
- Provide excellent technical support for customer demonstrations, trials and opportunities, assisting technical teams to test, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Deliver written technical content for proposals and costings for professional services to the sales and commercial teams for customer proposal inclusion
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations on integrated solutions, articulating benefits to customers
- Provide in-depth technical workshops to partners and end users, including live demonstrations and hands-on training sessions
- Will be recognised in the broader industry as a leader in their field, including representing Inmarsat at industry forums and giving presentations at industry events
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- A broad technical understanding of Satellite Communications Networks and their end-to-end operation
- Ability to articulate technical capabilities of a solution as a value proposition
- Present and demonstrate Inmarsat technology to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and desire to decipher and resolve customer technical issues directly or through the engagement of in-house technical expertise
- Excellent troubleshooting capability, IP & networking knowledge and practical hands-on experience
- Formal documented technical qualification/s in either telecommunications, data communications, satellite communications or network engineering.
- High standard of spoken and written English
- Eligible for relevant visas to travel throughout the assigned region
- Good inter-personal skills, service oriented and with a hands-on attitude to supporting customers
- Able to organise own time, priorities and travel itinerary in order to cover the customer facing activities demanded by the role. Maintain excellent office administration, reporting and liaison with internal colleagues and line manager
- A ‘can-do’ positive attitude to learn and a strong desire to achieve goals whilst working independently and within the team
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity with Inmarsat products and services
- Knowledge of Mobile Satellite, Fixed Satellite and cellular industries
- Experience with iDirect & VSAT systems
- Previous experience of working in the government market
- Additional languages (Spanish, French, Arabic)
- This role requires travel, both domestically and internationally. The staff-member in this role will be required, on an irregular basis and provided reasonable notice, to travel sometimes for periods exceeding 7 days, and if required to travel on weekends to meet on-site weekday commitments.
- Must be committed to on-going personal development.
- The post-holder must have and maintain a Current drivers’ license for the employed location.
- Must have citizenship and a suitable background to qualify and maintain a government security clearance for the country of location.
- A background in military communications is advantageous
- Must comply with Health & Safety regulations as outlined in the Health & Safety at Work Employee Handbook and as dictated by local legislation
- Commit to attending all mandatory Health & Safety training and ensure you are clear on Health & Safety standards at all times. Training will be appropriate to the tasks you carry out but will include: working at heights, risk assessment, electromagnetic radiation safety, electrical safety awareness and manual handling.
- Promptly report any work- related accidents, following the corporate procedure as referenced on our intranet
- Be aware environmental impact of the role and corporate social responsibility (CSR)
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
· Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
· Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
· Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do