Inmarsat has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for over forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites. Inmarsat is a privately owned company with a profitable track record and significant growth aspirations. This is represented by more than 55 nationalities in the workforce, reflecting the global and dynamic nature of the business. With an investment of over $3 billion in its latest network infrastructure, Inmarsat is at the forefront of global mobile communications innovation.
Chief Operations Office
Inmarsat’s Chief Operations Office (COO) plays a vital role managing the services that keep our business running and delivering to our customers. COO consists of 9 functions including: Satellite Operations, Network Operations, Service Assurance, Service Delivery Aviation and Customer Assurance, Service Delivery and Supply Chain, Project Management Office, Global Cyber Security and Group IT
Lease Management Team
The team manage the portfolio of Leases that operate over the Inmarsat network. They authorise new leases and implement them according to the performance agreed with the Customer. During the lifetime of a lease, the team ensure that it operates at the agreed service level and that any changes or incidents that affect the operation are managed with the customer. The team update processes and procedures to allow for the introduction into operation of new Lease types and for the evolution of the Inmarsat network that supports Leases. The team works directly with other groups spread across the business as well as a wide range of commercial and government customers to ensure the smooth operation of the Lease business at Inmarsat.
Primary role purpose:
The Lease Engineer has responsibility for the technical operation of L-band Leases that are used by Lease customers for their point-to-multipoint, internet-of-things or high bandwidth services. They work within a team of 5 and report to the Head of Lease Management.
The role require will require on-call support to be provided on a shift basis.
- Process Lease Requests to Lease Authorisations and manage the technical data involved in this process
- Maintain the technical record of Leases authorised. This record will be used by the team and other teams within COO
- Work with the Frequency Planners, Lease Customer, Lease Co-ordinator and Site Hosts to enable a Lease to be implemented on the required start date
- Lead the calibration activity to ensure the Lease is introduced on to the Inmarsat network without causing disturbance to other services
- Respond to incidents raised by the Network Operations centres that may affect the operation of the Leases and inform the Lease Customers affected as appropriate
- Keep the Lease Co-ordinator informed on the status of workflow and events that need to be tracked
- Work with the Lease Service Assurance Engineer to ensure that the performance of Leases are reviewed and corrective action taken if needed
- Manage the Lease Customer through changes to the Inmarsat infrastructure that may affect Leases
- Investigate and respond to cases raised by the Lease Customer on the performance of their Lease
- Plan for the introduction of new Lease types to enable their smooth entry into operations
- Work with other areas in COO on the evolution of the Inmarsat network, to ensure that the Leases continue to operate successfully
- Highlight improvements to the way of working to enable things to be done quicker with less fuss
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree level education or equivalent in Engineering
- Experience within a similar role / environment such as Telecommunications
- Experience of RF carrier power measurement
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An enthusiasm for consistent and unambiguous record keeping, with a keenness for information to be accessible for others
- To work well within a team and the ability to influence the actions of others outside your team
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
- Familiarity/experience of communication monitoring systems, spectrum analysers and link budgets
You must be eligible to work in this location advertised.
Our values define Inmarsat’s culture and represent what we believe in. Inmarsat employees aspire to certain behaviours which support our corporate values, they create a stronger working environment and lie at the heart of our continued success as an organisation.
- Accountability – taking ownership, getting results and keeping our promises
- Respect – collaborating, embracing diversity and valuing differences
- Excellence – creating bold solutions for our customers and putting quality at the heart of everything we do