Manager, Diversity and Inclusion, EMEA
Are you a passionate Diversity and Inclusion professional looking for a position where you can apply your expertise to influence both strategic and tactical outcomes in partnership with an engaged senior leadership team? This is the position for you.
You will become a critical member of our Diversity and Inclusion team, strategically embedded within our regional Human Resources and CEO office. This team provides expert advice, program and change management, process and data analysis and strategic communication, while driving the ambitious diversity agenda across the region.
To be successful in this role, you will enjoy working as part of an innovative and collaborative team to achieve critical goals. You will likely have 2+ years’ experience driving a Diversity and Inclusion agenda for a multinational organisation. You will thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment, where your learning mindset and curiosity will be held in the highest regard. You will enjoy applying advanced communication and influencing skills to build relationships and achieve positive, well received outcomes.
Supporting our regional head of Diversity and Inclusion you will take responsibility for the following initiatives:
- Empowering our colleagues to create inclusion in their teams, through creating an engaging regional communications strategy and a series of content/micro trainings that can be used by our D&I champions.
- Employee Network Group (ENG) Strategy manager: Partner with EMEA Employee Network Groups (gender, LGBT+, ethnicity, neurodiversity and parents & carers) to provide subject matter expertise, knowledge of best practice and training to support our ENGs to align their strategies and programs to deliver even greater impact for the region.
- Co-ordinate collaboration between the regional group Diversity and Inclusion committees, providing subject matter expertise and support in aligning their activities to the group and regional strategies.
- Program management of and content creation for D&I strategic projects including sponsorship program, our race fluency series, inclusion review of regional onboarding content and ongoing inclusive recruitment review.
- Responsibility for our submissions to D&I surveys, benchmarks, key awards and any local reporting (Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, Investing in Ethnicity, Gender and Ethnicity Pay Gap Reporting etc and subsequent actions plans).
Are you ready to take your career to the next level? Apply now.
About the Corporate Operations Group
The Corporate Operations Group brings together specialist support services in Digital Transformation & Data, Technology, Operations, Human Resources, Business Services, Business Improvement & Strategy, and the Macquarie Group Foundation. We deliver service excellence to ensure Macquarie is open for business, deliver on transformational change, invest in our people and have deep relationships with our customers.
Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of ‘empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future’, we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you’ll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.