Social Value Coordinator
We are looking to recruit a Social Value Coordinator for an exciting new role in the North West. This is an ideal role for someone highly motivated, ambitious and looking to make a real difference in the communities where we work.
You will play a lead role in organising and delivering community projects and supporting the delivery of careers and skills programmes. You will also play a key role in supporting our Apprentices and work experience placements to ensure they get the most from their time spent with us.
This position would suit someone full of energy, exceptionally organised and has a keen eye for detail. We're looking for someone that has the confidence to build networks and deliver training programmes to a group of people both face to face and virtually.
You must have excellent people skills - including the ability to listen and collaborate.
Your responsibilities include;
- Working with our teams and customers to understand local communities and arranging community projects;
- Delivering high impact programmes that support people on the path to good careers;
- Working with our teams to create new training programmes to provide people with a real understanding of all the careers available in the construction industry;
- Working with the social value team to arrange supply chain partners workshops, customer workshops and team workshops;
- Supporting site administrators to ensure we're capturing everything we do on-site so we can share a full picture with our customers;
- Actively supporting apprentices and work experience placements to ensure they get the most from their experience;
- Arranging networking sessions on behalf of the social value team;
- Identifying where we could be doing things smarter and working with the social value team to create a plan;
At Willmott Dixon, we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player
- Has a growth mindset
- Excellent listening skills
- Is positive & proactive
- Has excellent presentation skills both written and verbal
- Is Innovative / Creative / open-minded
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
- Has the ability to communicate with all people
- Is Driven / motivated
- Is Organised / Detailed
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.