Social Value Manager
We're looking for a passionate and engaging social value expert with the ability to lead and influence people at every level in the business to ensure we make a social value consideration in every decision we make.
As a Social Value Manager, you will need to have an in-depth understanding of social value (not necessarily in the construction industry) and be able to shape and drive the local social value strategy. You will be a strategic and creative planner that can make things happen. This position would suit someone that has experience in delivering social value outcomes in a fast-paced environment, who has the ability to inspire, loves networking and has exceptional commitment.
You'll lead social value strategy and delivery across Yorkshire and the North East, ideally based in Yorkshire, you'll have a Social Value Coordinator that is based in the North East.
Key responsibilities include;
- Shaping and driving our local social value strategy demonstrating we are market leaders in social value;
- Understanding the pipeline of work to proactively develop social value proposals using community and customer research/insight for bids
- Facilitating collaborative planning workshops with customers to ensure we develop social value plans that meet their strategic aims
- Creating in-depth knowledge of our Now or Never and framework targets and ensuring we have plans to deliver and report against these
- Partnering and creating relationships with local organisations who know their communities well so we can co-create plans in areas we are working in or looking to work in to achieve more
- Creating clear reporting mechanisms to customers that align with their internal reporting structures
- Working with our Supply Chain Partners so that they understand what social value means and so that we understand where they are on their journey and how we can best work together to have a lasting impact
- Creating and delivering high impact programmes that support people on the path to good careers in the communities we work;
- Developing an apprentice strategy across Yorkshire and the North East
- Identifying where we could be doing things smarter and working with teams to implement change
- Cultivating a culture with all our people so that they understand the role they need to play in leaving a lasting legacy and harnessing their ideas into deliverables
- Coaching and supporting the Social Value Coordinator to ensure they can do their best
- Capturing all that we do on MiSocial to ensure we can demonstrate to customers what we have delivered on their project, this includes best practice and case studies
- Identifying key strategic networking opportunities and playing an active role in attending/presenting to ensure we are demonstrating we are market leaders
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* In-depth knowledge of the social value
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to influence and inspire
* Excellent written skills, ability to respond to PQQs/tenders and present data in reports
* Independent, flexible and able to constantly reprioritise workload dependent on business need
* Proactive and delivery focussed, with an attention to detail
* Innovative with the ability to generate and implement new ideas
* Degree (Desirable)
* Facilitation/coaching experience or training (desirable)
- Is a team player
- Has a growth mindset
- Excellent listening skills
- Is positive & proactive
- Has excellent presentation skills both written and verbal
- Is Innovative / Creative / open-minded
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
- Has the ability to communicate with all people
- Is Driven / motivated
- Is Organised / Detailed
We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, discounted or full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People'.
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.