Quality Manager - Flexible Working Available
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Construction and Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national construction and infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. We aim to create great results for our customers, partners, ourselves, and our employees.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Read more about our Highways work here - https://construction.morgansindall.com/roads
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Quality Manager.
As the Quality Manager you will be responsible for the strategic deployment of the LPDP programme coordinating people, project and processes to ensure that it is delivered on time to the desired result, goals and objectives. You will be liaising with and coordinating lean experts from our six partner companies and Highways England, so it is key that you have a relevant background in Lean, ideally within the field of Construction, to enable you to influence and lead change within the schemes involved.
The Quality Manager will be the go-to person for everything involving the project’s organisation and timeline and must be able to accomplish objectives by planning project activities, evaluating implementation and reporting on progress of project.
· Strong educational background coupled with relevant experience as a project manager in the construction or engineering sector
· A good understanding of Lean construction methodologies & application
· Excellent communication skills: client-facing, written and verbal
· Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
· General: active listening, coaching, decision making, interpersonal communication, judgement, financial budgets and resources, monitoring, persuasion, resource management, time management, vision, problem-solving aptitude
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.