Land Surveyor - Flexible Working Available
*Morgan Sindall has a commitment to sourcing candidates directly and as such we do not accept speculative CV’s from agencies.*
Would you like to work for one of the most successful and secure companies within the UK Infrastructure industry with a vision to be a market leader across all of the sectors in which we operate?
Morgan Sindall provides national infrastructure services to private and public sector customers across a comprehensive range of markets. While we are best known as engineering experts, working in sectors as diverse as nuclear, rail, water, energy, highways, and aviation, our UK wide business provides a wealth of different support function roles within human resources, commercial, IT, innovation, design, work winning / business development, safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ), communications, procurement, and finance.
With talented people as the key to our success we operate a culture whereby personal and professional development are at the forefront of our efforts to attract and retain the best people in the industry. We are a community of diverse individuals with shared goals and a strong, supportive, and inclusive culture. Collectively, our people play an invaluable role in shaping the UK’s infrastructure and contributing to our long-term sustainable growth.
We are looking for people to join our team who not only have relevant qualifications and skills, but who understand and value our culture of pride and connection.
We have a fantastic opportunity within our Highways business unit for an ambitious and talented Land Surveyor.
The Land Surveyor will be working as a part of a wider team within a Smart Motorway Alliance on behalf of Highways England and in particular on the Stopped Vehicle Detection scheme. The scheme was recently been announced as part of Highways England’s strategy to improve the vehicle recovery speed, along the Smart Motorways across England.
The Land Surveyor will also become a part of a larger Survey Team within Morgan Sindall - Infrastructure and in the future be involved in various other major projects.
The Land Surveyors immediate role responsibilities will be as follows but not limited to:
- Interpreting design information and setting out design positions on site
- Carrying out Topographical Surveys of areas surrounding the design positions. Each location will vary in size and complexity
- Liaising with the Site Engineer to ensure all the relevant data has been surveyed/captured
- Assisting the Site Engineer in surveying Utilities/Cable traces
- Uploading and processing the survey data directly after the shift or the next day
- Exporting the survey into AutoCAD/DXF format
- Carrying out appropriate QA processes on the conducted survey
- Liaising with the Site Engineer to ensure all relevant survey information has been included on the drawing
- Posses substantial experience in carrying out large scale Topographical Surveys
- Hold a relevant CSCS Card
- Fully conversant with the use of modern Survey instruments such as: Robotic Total Stations, GPS, Digital Levels & 3D Laser Scanners (Preferred but not essential)
- Experienced and confident in the use of a relevant Survey Software such as LSS
- Have good working knowledge of AutoCAD or Civils 3D
- Good IT skills and able to work confidently with MS Office and other system applications
- Preferred but Not essential - A member of the Chartered Institute of Civil Engineering Surveyors or working towards membership
- Ability to work in a team environment contributing across a project, site or area
- Ability to motivate self and other team members to perform specific tasks
- Great punctuality and time management skills
- Ability to contribute to meeting quality standards
- Ability to work well either alone or as part of a team
- Sound knowledge of surveying practises and standards
- Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to handle situations and problems
- Know when to ask for help and guidance
About the Highways Team:
Our projects encompass motorway widening, congestion relief, safety improvement and bypass schemes. Recent work includes M62 Smart Motorways, Lincolnshire’s new A1073 bypass, the A1 Improvement scheme from Dishforth to Barton in North Yorkshire, and the M74 Completion Project through central Glasgow, Scotland’s largest infrastructure scheme. Under Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) schemes, we engage with our customers as early as possible to maximise innovation, efficiency and cost savings.