Development & Sales Accountant (x3) - Flexible Working Available
Permanent, full time 35 hours per week
Agile working, reporting office Stratford, E15 4PH (20-40% in office. 3-4 days working at home)
N.B due to COVID the majority of L&Q are currently working from home
Starting salary from: £45,000 - £48,000 depending on experience and location
Interviews will be taking place on 5th July 2021 via MS Teams
Closing date for applications: 27th June 2021
A new opportunity has arisen for a Development & Sales Accountant to join our driven and dynamic Development Finance team. The role has come about through team expansion, the team has recently regionalised it’s structure is order to provide a better service to our rationalised development and sales teams. We have a huge ambition to deliver 100,000 homes and are increasing our organisation to support this.
In this role you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of financial services for the Development and Sales activities of the L&Q Group.
Reporting to the Development Finance Manager, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive range of financial services for the Development and Sales activities of the L&Q Group. The main duties of the role will include:
· Ensuring that the financial controls around development provide robust business assurance.
· To support the development team to ensure schemes meet LQ corporate governance.
· To provide financial support and training to Development and Sales staff on best practice.
· Support management in providing key financial information and advice on L&Q partnership schemes with external parties.
· To account for and reconcile schemes as developments progress through to completion.
· To assist in the preparation of management, statutory accounts and key performance indicators.
· Assist in the production of annual budgets & quarterly forecasts.
Your experience must include:
· Accounting experience, preferential if related to Development & Sales.
· Finalist or qualified with a recognised accounting body.
· Experience of working in property/construction and/or large, complex organisation
· Excellent communication skills with proven business partnering experience
· Advanced IT skills including Excel and Financial Information Systems
If you share our passion about housing and have the skills and experience needed to fulfil this role, then apply without delay!
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
COVID 19: The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Safe requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.