Lead Digital Engineer - Flexible Working Available
Lead Digital Engineer / BIM Manager
Employment type: Permanent
We are looking to recruit a high calibre and experienced Lead Digital Engineer / BIM Manager to join the LOR Digital team. You will support the development, implementation and deployment of Laing O'Rourke's digital engineering systems with a focus on helping our digital transformation.
Responsibilities focus on supporting our digital team in the successful implementation of key digital initiatives for the business which include new and advanced methods of using data, 3D modelling and visualisation for design, manufacturing and construction.
You will work closely with partners from the business and other members of the team for the implementation and delivery of bid/project DE strategies. A Lead Digital Engineer will support and drive consistent implementation and continuous improvement of our capability and capacity in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
- Contribute towards the development of Building Information Modelling capability, related to the 'post-win' project phase implementation, in line with industry best practice and emerging innovation and technology.
- Lead the implementation of Building Information Modelling to the 'post-win' phase of projects by applying appropriate resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Support Laing O'Rourke in the development of staff to deliver Digital Engineering
- Support the 'DE Leadership Team' with 'Digital' Implementation Strategies, from Work Winning through to Project Delivery.
- Support the 'DE Leadership Team' by maintaining collaborative working relationships with key Design Partners and the Supply Chain and ensuring alignment across Digital Strategies.
- Setup and implementation of Digital Engineering on projects by applying appropriate influence, input, resource, process and protocols at bid, pre-construction, construction, commissioning, handover, operation and maintenance.
- Development of project specific solutions to deliver in accordance with our Digital Engineering Deliverables Menu.
Influence, develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver BIM strategies.
- A good understanding of BIM industry standards and good understanding of multiple BIM processes and platforms.
As this is a leadership role you will be responsible for a team of Digital / BIM professionals. You will also need excellent communication and teamwork skills and have knowledge of the design, manufacturing and construction process.
The role will also entail supporting the development of other digital tools and knowledge of applications such as Autodesk Revit, Navisworks and other BIM programmes.
Qualifications and training:
Degree in BIM Engineering or similar
- Revit / Dynamo / BIM 360
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.