Eurosport Digital is Discovery's primary drive into the Direct to Consumer business in Europe. It currently comprises two parts; Eurosport.com - the continent's number one sports news website - and Eurosport Player, a leading subscription-based OTT sports platform available across Europe.
The business is in a period of high growth, fueled by investment in rights, marketing, product and content.
Discovery, Inc. is a global leader in real life entertainment, serving a passionate audience of superfans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year and has category leadership across deeply loved content genres around the world. Available in 220 countries and territories and nearly 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens, including TV Everywhere products such as the GO portfolio of apps; direct-to-consumer streaming services such as discovery+, Food Network Kitchen and MotorTrend OnDemand; digital-first and social content from Group Nine Media; a landmark natural history and factual content partnership with the BBC; and a strategic alliance with PGA TOUR to create the international home of golf. Discovery's portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, MotorTrend, Animal Planet, Science Channel, and the forthcoming multi-platform JV with Chip and Joanna Gaines, Magnolia Network, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe. For more information, please visit corporate.discovery.com and follow @DiscoveryIncTV across social platforms.
The Chatbot Specialist is responsible for running and developing our automated chat service tools used by the Customer Experience team for Discovery’s streaming services. Reporting to the Customer Care Systems Manager, the successful candidate will manage our chatbot with the aim of better serving our customers and assisting our Customer Service agents manage growing levels of user feedback.
Our chatbot service also provides Product, Technology, and Operations teams with vital insight into how our users engage with our Direct to Consumer streaming services including discovery+, Eurosport, Golf TV, and Global Cycling Network.
● Analyse data from existing customer service tools to identify opportunities for automation
● Takes ownership of strategies in order to reach and exceed performance objectives
● Implement a culture of continuous improvement
● Work closely with Customer Experience managers to identify pain points which can be addressed with the chat bot
● Work closely with Workforce Manager to address resourcing needs
● Actively seeks solutions and provides feedback to other teams (Technology, Product, Insight, Customer Experience Managers)
● Drive technology and operational improvements; interface effectively with internal development teams
● Maintains efficiency of existing communication channels and work with Head of Tools & Resources for Customer Experience to develop new ways to automate support
● Work with the Technical Developer, Customer Experience to implement Chatbot on a variety of platforms
● Manages output of our Chatbot and analyses data and output to identify future improvement
● All other technical duties and special projects as assigned
● Experience in Customer Service systems and tools ideally in a media environment
● Experience designing and implementing ChatBot scenari
● Demonstrates in depth knowledge of customer needs when it comes to streaming services
● Maintains a positive and professional demeanour and portrays the company in a positive light
● Knowledgeable in Zendesk, or other CRM systems
● Experience working in cross-functional teams solving common problems that bring multiple benefits
● Strong interpersonal skills working and the highest commitment to excellent customer service
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Experience with multi-channel and multi-lingual environments
● Understanding of AI systems
● Previous experience with third party vendors and technical integrations
● Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
● Track record of using technology solve problems
● Excited and motivated by change, multi-tasking and fast paced environment
● Ability to address technical issues and work with third party services
● Confident with Excel, PowerPoint and GSuite
● Basic knowledge of HTML and web technologies