Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Software development is a cross functional team that uses cutting edge technology to provide applications that put us ahead of competition across: online content, customer service and sales.
What you'll do:
* Driving technical excellence in everything we do and fostering a culture around data driven reliability, observability, monitoring, and automation
* Contribute to and lead new designs, architectures, and standards
* Enhancing and supporting a build framework for continuous deployment and platform automation
* Develop and maintain relationships with key technical suppliers and partners and internal teams
* Work within the larger reliability department to ensure consistent design and reliability standards across the group
* Work with key stakeholders from the business to ensures timelines and roadmaps for business objectives are both reasonable and met on time, including clearly communicating technical challenges and progress
What you'll bring:
* Proven experience of infrastructure planning and working with development teams to enable high availability of services in-line with SLOs and error budgets
* Evangelist for infrastructure as code and working with immutable infrastructure and configuration tools such as Terraform to achieve end-to-end automation
* Experience working with CI/CD solutions and gitops to enable automation of infrastructure at scale (pipeline design, testing and best practices using Jenkins/Concourse/GoCD/Gitlab)
* Programming and scripting to a production level including testing (Go/Python etc)
* Cloud Platforms (designing infrastructure deployment patterns within GCP and using managed services, such as big data tooling effectively)
* Logging systems (deployment of and scaling of logging solutions, both cloud native and self-hosted e.g. Stackdriver, Elastic)
We would expect Expert level understanding on 3 or more technologies set from the list for a Principal Engineer
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.