Digital Reinforcement Engineer - Homeworking
Digital Reinforcement Engineer (Rebar / RC Detailing)
The Centre of Excellence for Modern Construction, Explore Manufacturing, Steetley, Nottinghamshire - flexible / dynamic working patterns
Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Our manufacturing and modular solutions are transforming traditional construction methodologies into a modern process of component-based assembly, providing product sets including precast concrete building components, and modular bridges for the major highways and rail projects.
Explore Manufacturing is the most automated concrete products facility in Europe making our construction process faster safer and more efficient, improving quality and reducing waste, and contributing to a sustainable manufacturing-led future for construction.
Take a look inside our facility: https://youtu.be/CvBUAL8uRDI
What does the role entail?
- Collaborating with internal and external Engineers and site teams to provide design compliant efficient RC detailing to relevant Standards and Code of Practices.
- Developing LOR digital reinforcement standards; to include standard rebar configurations, initial software configuration, software customization, and processes for automated financial modelling of technical design.
- Producing and developing reinforcement detailing information based upon a 3D 'Digital Construction' detailing system - Drawings, schedules, models, erection sequencing, measurement information.
- Engaging with our project teams to provide better practice on the delivery of information, to aid in improving efficiency in rebar fixing.
What do we look for?
- 2 years+ Reinforcement detailing experience
- Ideally HNC Civil/Structural Engineering Qualified
- 3D modelling/design software/BIM/Digital Engineering/Virtual Construction experience
- Experience of using Tekla - highly beneficial
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email