Lead Solution Architect - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
The Identity tribe is currently experiencing an exciting period of significant growth as we look to modernise and support an expanding business across the US and Europe. An experienced solution architect is needed to help drive the solutions work and ensure we have a platform that continues to match the business's ambitions. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a great team delivering a highly available, global platform at scale
What you'll do:
* Mentor, guide and line manage other solution architects
* Continually push to improve the way the solutions team works
* Get involved in solution design, providing leadership on larger projects
* Ensure that solutions are prioritised and delivered as required for development teams
* Work with product owners and architects in the wider business to understand the medium to long term requirements, roadmaps and ambitions
* Shape and drive future strategy and ensure that our solutions push in the right direction to match the upcoming business needs
What you'll bring:
* Experience in a technical leadership role, ideally as an architect but can be a comparable role
* Dynamism and an ability to be across a number of projects at once
* Strong understand of software and technical architecture, ideally with experience of high volume, online transactional systems
* Good presentational skills and an ability to tailor your communication to different audiences including senior stakeholders, other architects and developers
* Ideally you'll have experience with online Identity systems but it's not essential
* A desire for continuous learning and self-improvement
Identity: Our tribe provides is part of the wider UK Technology area and provides Identity services for Peacock in the US, NowTV in Europe and Sky in the UK. We're bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we're proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
* Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one pace
* A generous pension package
* Private healthcare
* Discounted mobile and broadband
* Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work:
Our spacious tech hub is under a mile away from Leeds train station, with free water taxis available from Granary Wharf. There's also plenty of parking in the surrounding streets and at the nearby CitiPark.
You can also blow off steam over a game of pool or table tennis, and stay fit at our subsidised gym.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're open to discussing where and when you do your job, as long as we can balance your needs with those of our customers.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.