Quantity Surveyor - Fixed Term Contract
Based within the Amey Defence Services division, we have an opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor to join a team of 5, for a period of 6 months, to assist with closing final accounts for around £50m worth of work across the East Region.
Ideally you will be SC cleared (or will pass SC clearance) and experience of defence environments is useful, although not essential (SC clearance requires you to have lived in the UK for 5 years and to provide 3 years continuous employment or academic references)
This role will be based on the Amey Commercial & Procurements Contract with specific focus on Final Accounting high volumes of Project works, ranging from £25K to £3.9M. Key activities to include ensuring payment ledgers are reviewed and payments / credits are made. Variations / Compensation events are to be captured ensuring statements are to be recorded and signed following agreements.
This is a 6 month contract.
- Deliver Change Management in accordance with NEC3 Term Service Contract ensuring timescales are met by all relevant stakeholders
- Management and resolution of queries submitted by Supply Chain regarding Core Services pricing
- Maintain commercial control to ensure planned milestone payments are achieved, final accounts are closed to meet the business targets
- Monitor and review Supply Chain performance
- Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy
- Assist in the development and implementation of commercial risk management procedures
- Attend meetings, provide reports and liaise with all stakeholders on commercial matters
- Assist Principle Commercial Manager in monitoring and presenting monthly cost reports as required
- Ensure Core and Additional Services are priced and managed in line with contract requirements delivering value for money at all times
- Carry out adjudications for Additional Services as per delegated authority
- Commercial experience in construction, property maintenance or related field including:
- Developing cost models
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Preparation of work proposals/tenders
- Dispute resolution
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Fraud prevention
- Ability to build and maintain excellent working relationships and a collaborative working environment
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.