Head of IT Infrastructure and Programmes
Head of IT Infrastructure and Programmes
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of IT Infrastructure and Programmes to define and deliver the organisations IT strategy, ensuring this is aligned to the current business priorities and the long-term business strategy.
Position: Head of IT Infrastructure and Programmes
Location: Huddersfield (with some flexibility for home working) and occasional travel to Scotland/Wales offices
Hours: Full time, 37 hours/week with occasional out of hours
Salary: £38,522 – 45,000
Benefits: Include 25 days’ holiday, rising to 29 after service increments plus 8 bank holiday, Personal Pension Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Employee Assistance Programme, Staff Awards Scheme, Company Sick Pay Scheme, flexible working patterns
Closing Date: Monday 28th June
Interview Date: Week commencing 5th July
As Head of IT Infrastructure and Programmes you will ensure the IT strategy meets business needs with clear and measurable outcomes focusing on value for money, financial, quality, regulatory, security and contractual requirements. You will ensure the organisation is fully supported and protected with appropriate IT infrastructure and systems
- Review current systems and business processes
- Lead cross-functional project teams to deliver improved systems, processes, and procedures
- Define and develop strategic approach to IT
- Accountable for the IT budget
- Accountable for business continuity in respect of all IT and business systems
- Ensure there are appropriate and effective IT systems, controls, policies, and procedures in place to mitigate any IT risks, for example in relation to IT security and GDPR
- Responsibility for maintaining up to date knowledge on GDPR and Data Protection legislation
- Responsible for ensuring all staff are trained and understand their responsibility relating to data protection and GDPR
- Responsible for ensuring digital services comply with and meet recognised industry standards, such as ISO 27001; Cyber Essentials; GDPR; Data security, minimising data risk events. Exceeding recognised good practice and standards, where possible
- Drive the performance of the IT and project teams
- Chair the Technology Advisory Committee meetings
As Head of IT Infrastructure and Programmes, you will have a recognised Information Systems Qualification and be understand and document business processes and communicate technically complex information in business terms. You will have the ability to produce cost/benefit analyses and options appraisal documents, and to present these to senior management and show evidence of delivering to tight deadlines and managing competing priorities.
You will have experience of:
- Operating at a senior management level
- SQL databases (Microsoft SQL and/or MySQL)
- Developing and monitoring SLAs and KPIs
- Contributing to the strategic development of IT within a business environment
- Systems/Web Programming (PHP/SQL)
- Managing, developing and supporting complex information systems
You will have knowledge of
- Architectures and experience of operational management of database systems
- Information security and data protection
- Databases, SQL and SQL Server technologies
- E-learning platforms and other IT systems
To apply you will be asked to submit your CV along with a covering letter detailing how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the role.
About the Organisation
The organisation is a national charity and membership association specifically for nurseries. They work in partnership with nurseries, local authorities, national government and a range of partners to develop an environment in which early learning and care can flourish.
The organisation is committed to a policy of equal opportunities and is actively opposed to discrimination in society.
You may also have experience in areas such as Information Technology Manager, IT Manager, Service Centre Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager, Cyber-Security, Data Security, Infrastructure, Infrastructure Manager, Corporate Governance, IT, IT Systems, IT and Cyber Security Officer, Data Security Officer, Programme Manager, Programme Officer, Cyber Security Project Officer, Hardware Engineer, Cyber Security Officer, Support Engineer, 3rd Line Support, 3rd Line Support Engineer, Infrastructure Engineer, Infrastructure and Security, 1st Line Support, 1st Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, 2nd Line Support Engineer, Head of IT Infrastructure & Programmes.