Lead Product Manager - Credit Risk
Can you manage a small team and share your amazing product development knowledge? Do you enjoy working with numerical/data centric products? Are you looking for a position where your outcomes will have a direct impact on our customers? If yes, then we could have the perfect role for you!
As the Lead Product Manager (Credit Risk) you will manage a team of two Product Managers and be responsible for overseeing the product roadmap within the Credit domain. Working closely with Credit Risk and Software Engineering teams, you will also deliver new features through the full product development lifecycle from ideation to delivery and continuous improvement.
This role will work within the Consumer Finance Division which focuses on consumer lending products and services and is central to the banks’ growth strategy for 2021 and beyond. The focus will be on innovation, digitisation and delivering something fresh for customers, offering attractive products and the best possible customer service.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
You need to be this kind of person…
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
- Oversight of the product roadmap for the Credit domain, prioritising requirements in line with business objectives
- Developing the team by identifying any skill, knowledge or experience gaps, ensuring delivery of training or coaching to fill any gaps as well as ensuring continuous learning
- Management of the full product development life cycle; including ideation, validation, technical development, launch and continuous improvement, achieving the product vision and requirements
- Working collaboratively to translate requirements into real working products, effectively communicating the ongoing product development journey to relevant stakeholders and measure the impact of changes to ensure that business benefits have been achieved
- Working effectively to agile methodology including management of the product backlog, sprint backlogs, story creation
- Managing the creation of clear user stories at both low-level function point & over-arching theme level, complete with acceptance criteria
- Regularly updating accurate records of product management communications and data in relevant tools and systems in line with company procedures
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships across the business, specifically across Software Engineering and Credit Risk as well as other key stakeholders to ensure effective translation of business requirements to technology and vice versa
- Interaction with 3rd party suppliers where appropriate to maintain effective relationships that facilitate effective product improvements
- Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
- Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
- Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
- Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
- Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
- Ideally you will have previous product management experience within a financial services environment and/or consumer lending products
- Experience in mentoring more junior members of a team or management of a small team
- To exceed in this role, you will need to be proficient in managing the full product development lifecycle with experience in working to agile methodology
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- IMPORTANT FOOTNOTE;
- Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!