Senior Manager, External Communications Vaccines and HBU - Flexible Working Available
THERAPY AREA FOCUS - Vaccines 90% / Hospital Business 10%
This role will be primarily focused on Pfizer and BioNTech's COVID-19 vaccine but will also support other vaccine International Developed Market (IDM) external priorities. The role requires close liaison and partnership with multiple teams including Vaccines Business Unit, Media relations, IDM Corporate Affairs and IDM External Communications. Whilst this role is a key part of the global product communications team, it will require close liaison with IDM communicators and close partnership with the External Engagement team in IDM. This role will have a watching brief on IDM Hospital Business and be the point of contact on business-critical external communications priorities and issues.
- A key member of vaccines BU IDM team providing external comms counsel to Regional President and Leadership Team
- Responsible for coordinating and implementing IDM vaccines comms strategy across region
- Issues management lead for IDM vaccine issues
- Part of global product communications team with responsibility for IDM. Representing views of the countries and ensuring IDM country requirements are incorporating in to global plans.
- Responsible for managing external communications around IDM vaccine product milestones
- Develop communications approach and plan for Regional President to lead the conversation externally
- In addition, this role will support IDM Hospital business and be point of contact for IDM issues.
- Seasoned communications professional with proven experience in the pharmaceutical industry, including experience in global product communications, media relations or public relations preferable.
- Experience in Marketing and/or PR required.
- Proven track record of effective matrix working.
- Demonstrates a proactive, strategic approach focused on delivering high value communications.
- Experience in developing, leading and implementing communications and public relations plans.
- Demonstrated track record of leadership project management, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written, oral, communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop, implement and measure success of PR and communications plans.
- Ability to work effectively across functions and levels across highly matrixed organization and manage multiple projects against tight deadlines.
- Ability to work closely with Pfizer leaders, demonstrating poise and executive presence.
- Issue management and agency management experience critical
- A good working comprehension of the media landscape and healthcare and regulatory systems in IDM