Senior Engineer (PHP + React Native)
Role: Senior Engineer (PHP + React Native)
Working Pattern: Full-time
Salary: £39,000 – £50,000 + 0.3% - 0.8% Equity
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
You as Senior Engineer ☝🏽
Do you want to join an innovative, creative and inclusive culture, playing a pivotal role in growing Lumio, an exciting start-up recognised as a Top 100 Fintech Disruptor, ahead of Monzo and Chip, with coverage from Forbes, Tech Nation and Sifted by FT?
As a Lumio Senior Engineer, you’ll partner with our Chief Technology Officer, Anton, and the Engineering Team to make the Lumio app (both iOS and Android) super valuable to our customers and achieve the mission of 1 million customers by 2024.
You’ll help Anton grow Lumio’s in-house Engineering capabilities, with the opportunity for progression to Lumio Engineering Lead.
As Senior Engineer, you’ll have these skills 😎
- Natural curiosity and growth mindset
- Experience in building and troubleshooting microservices, ideally in k8s. You can talk about typical issues in a concurrent environment and how to solve them
- Experience in writing, deploying and troubleshooting cross-platform iOS/Android applications
- Proficiency with relational and non-relational databases
- The ability to deploy, run and troubleshoot your own services
- Writing tests in fundamentals
We use PHP and React Native, Symfony framework (Security), Mongo, Docker and Cloud Native solutions deployed to AWS. We write tests in PHPUnit, phpspec, Detox/Cucumber.
Though we are always open to new and innovative ways of doing things. Within the next year we plan to adopt replication and sharding, Symfony framework (Events, Messenger, DQL), MySQL, Postgresql, and Behat, but would love your input to constantly innovate
In your first 6 months, you'll be valued and valuable 🤩
- Make big contributions to our product. You'll be deploying to production on day one and getting stuck into our agile process from the very start.
- Be involved in product design - as engineers we care about our users and work closely throughout the product design process to ensure we deliver great features quickly.
- Get to know (and work on) the entire product & infrastructure.
- Work to improve our infrastructure, tooling and tech stack.
- Shape our process - we love a good retro and continually inspecting and improving how we work is core to how we work as a team.
Why Lumio? 🤷🏽♀️
Lumio exists to accelerate financial independence, integrity and personal progress through intelligent technology.
Lumio's mission is to grow one million customers' financial assets by July 2024. It's Big. It's Audacious. And a little bit Scary.
At an early stage of our mission, we’ve raised over £1m through crowdfunding and developed amazing technology. We’re at a critical junction in our growth and need your help.
If you’re aligned with our core values and want the opportunity of building a long-lasting brand guided by human values, you’ll fit right in.
Working at Lumio you can expect a small, agile team environment grounded in core values where we:
- Champion Individuality - Lumio is because our people are
- Inspire Growth - our collective growth inspires challenge and transformation, for everyone’s benefit
- Trust & Commit - commitment to individual accountability and progress, drives trust and our combined success.
Benefits for the whole Lumio family 😊
- Equity in Lumio to ensure longterm success for all
- Learning & development budget & progression support
- Involved in other aspects of the business, from strategy, management and training, to shaping team culture
- Interest free New Starter Loan to help transition to Lumio and Rainy Day Loan for life’s unexpected difficulties
- Smart Pensions with employer match
- Flexible working - we care about outputs not facetime
- Bring your pet to work days
- Friendly, open and transparent culture
- Hybrid working from home with co-working spaces for collaboration and those who need an office
- Being part of something that's both commercially successful and people-driven
Unbiased, fair recruitment – here's what to expect 🙌🏽
We use Applied (software for unbiased hiring through anonymised applications) to ensure our hiring process is fair and bias-free.
Applying for a new job takes a lot time and work. So, we've focused on the assessing your approach to real Lumio problems that need solving and the core skill required – no cover letters, “nice to haves” or other fluff! And we'll send all applicants feedback so you can see how you did in context of the all applicants.
Step 1: Short work-related questions - feel free to search for things (25-35 mins)
Step 2: video calls covering tech design session as a team (you’ll need to prep for), coding exercise and reverse interview where you ask us questions
Step 3: Meet the wider Lumio Team coffee or video call (as long as you need!)
Step 4: Offer!
Application process duration: expected 6 weeks.
We welcome everyone 🌈
If you don’t tick everything on this advert, but feel you're close to the brief, please do apply – you might still be “the one” that can make a difference here at Lumio.
We embrace flexibility, individuality and diversity in the workplace. If you’d like to discuss flexibility in any way, please do let us know in your application.
If you think this might be a great fit, we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible, therefore our closing date is 23rd June. The application will take approx 1 hour - we hope to receive your application soon.🌟