Project Manager (Full Project Lifecycle)
Technical Expertise: Piling
Location: Dartford or Manchester (Other areas considered)
Overview: Representing the Geotechnical Piling discipline to include work on an array of piling projects from tender stage through to handover.
Scope: Projects nationwide for piling works on build and infrastructure projects
Permanent Position (Ask the team about flexible or part-time opportunities)
As part of the Laing O'Rourke group of companies Expanded Geotechnical offers foundation solutions expertise across the UK. We have a rich history of geotechnical experience and knowledge. We provide expertise in a range of piling techniques using the very latest rigs and technology. Our fleet is one of the youngest in the country, and includes Tier 4 engines, with market leading emissions performance.
Our offering includes Rotary augered piles / large diameter capability, CFA including deep / large diameter capability, Secant and contiguous retaining walls, Plunge column piles, Diaphragm walls, Restricted access piling, Pile extraction / removal, Slurry wall, Support fluid and polymer expertise, Rock and obstruction coring, Sheet piling and Marine works.
Our Project Managers will be involved in winning the work they will ultimately delivery. Due to our operating model there is also significant opportunities on our current projects to keep you challenged whilst the work continues to be won.
You will get to work closely with Estimators, Planners, Bid Leaders, Commercial Managers, Digital Engineering and other Delivery Engineers.
Where we need your skills in work winning?
- Sequencing and construction methodology
- Geometry, load paths and stability advice
- Informing cost plans and value engineering
- Temporary works expertise
- Cranage and lift plans expertise
- Expertise on different piling types and techniques
Some of the expertise required in the full lifecycle include:
- Preferably experience of large diameter piles under bentonite or polymer including the technical aspects of and influences on pile capacity and installation
- Able to self-motivate and motivate others working as part of a close and successful team
- Understanding of the importance of input to work winning and pre-contract discussions with structural designers, customers and their professional advisors
- Sound, engineering approach with knowledge of piling and ground engineering parameters
- Willingness to embrace new technology such as digital management platforms
- Safety, customer and quality focussed
- Basic commercial and contractual knowledge appropriate to piling sub-contracts
- An instinct for establishing safe and productive project sites
The roles are based at our head office in Dartford or Manchester, but we are open to other locations nationwide. Due to our excellent pipeline of short and medium work there is plenty to keep you busy.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver. We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities. In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.