Senior Accountant - Homeworking Available
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Senior Qualified Accountant to be based in our head office based in Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire. This role will involve a mixture of working in the office and home working.
About the Finance Team
The Group Finance Team is responsible for providing centralised finance support to the main board and to the individual LCOs. The team comprises 50 people across Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll and Sub- Contractor Payments teams. The key responsibilities of the Finance Team are
- Providing timely and accurate monthly Management Reporting
- Production of all statutory reporting including biannual Group accounts
- Tax and Compliance
- Good Partner and Works Partner payments
- Treasury and accounts receivable
About the role
The role sits within the Accounting Team responsible for servicing the Group's operating business units and central teams. The team consists of both qualified and qualified through experience staff who are responsible for the Management Accounting and Financial Accounting of the Group. The team also produces the company annual report and is responsible for all timely and accurate financial and management reporting to the main Board. In addition, it acts as sponsor to a range of IT developments to improve the efficiency of reporting throughout the group. The team focuses on robust financial control whilst delivering first class service to the business. The role will involve both financial and management accounting but there is an emphasis on the successful candidate having proven experience of preparing both statutory accounts and group consolidations.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
- Support the Group Finance Manager by taking ownership of, and overseeing, various tasks in the Accounting Team. Initial responsibilities include:
- Overseeing team responsibilities for individual business unit streams
- Monitoring parent company overheads and supporting multiple central functional heads
- Preparing group consolidations and statutory accounts
- Key contact for the year end audit
- Overseeing other central functions including insurances, fixed assets and company car scheme
- Line management for a number of the accounting team, including qualified and qualified through experience people.
- Mentor, train and develop direct reports and other accounting team members.
- Take accountability and responsibility of all tasks that fall under your reports ownership, ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Liaise efficiently with operating business units of the Group, communicating clearly and concisely with non-finance staff.
- Liaise efficiently with senior directors across the organisation.
- Provide first class customer service to all internal customers, answering queries quickly and accurately.
- Ensure the team is delivering first class customer service to all internal customers
- Ensure monthly management reporting and quarterly financial reporting for your area is delivered on time and to a consistently high standard
- Ensure bi-annual budgets for your area are delivered on time and to a high standard
- Use initiative to solve problems and explore different solutions to a problem.
- Lead by example for all members of the team, upholding the highest standards of professionalism at all times
- Liaise with external auditors.
- Ensure reporting and accounting standards are up to date
- Ensure that sensitive information remains totally confidential.
- Help to ensure all IT systems are working accurately.
- Help to maintain financial controls in the Finance Team.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- You will have an excellent academic record.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least three years PQE.
- You will have experience liaising with non-finance people in senior roles.
- Experience with production of statutory accounts and group consolidations.
- An organised, efficient and flexible approach
- Proactive and a team player
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and maintain accuracy
- Legal right to work in the UK.
- Be an expert in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Previous Construction industry experience
- Previous experience of managing annual audit
- Previous experience of using Power BI
In return: We reward our people generously with a competitive salary and a market-leading benefits package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile, part-time or flexible working wherever possible.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a hugely beneficial impact on the UK's economic growth and prosperity. We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success in recent years, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company. Times Top 50 employers for women 2020 as well as our platinum award for 'Investing In People' Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings…we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.