Head of Development - Independent Commissioning, Sky Drama
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.Spearhead drama development for one of Britain's most prolific and acclaimed platforms and work with some of the drama community's greatest creative talents.What you'll do:
- Be an excellent communicator.
- Have a deep and wide knowledge of the British drama landscape, particularly regarding writers, producers and directors, have strong existing relationships with creatives and the agent community, as well as an awareness of international drama producers and broadcasters.
- Have script edited on drama productions and worked in development for a production company and/or broadcaster/platform.
- Have a strong grasp of Sky drama's output and its tone.
- Have oversight of, and strategic input into, the drama development slate, reporting to the Director of Independent Commissioning, Drama, and working with the Commissioning Editors and managing the Development Co-ordinators.
- Represent Sky drama to the independent producer community.
- Accelerate existing projects as well as generating new developments and projects in line with the strategy of department.
- Identify, foster and nurture new and existing writing talent and galvanize relationships with writers, producers and directors.
- Proactively source and nurture untapped talent, networks and storytelling forms, including overseeing writing schemes and harnessing Sky's dedication to diversity in creative roles.
- Target and meet with producers to communicate the needs of the slate; commission and nurture their projects to production.
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences