- Support the Senior Marketing Manager by playing a key role in the formulation, planning and execution of consumer, affiliate and trade marketing activities across the Discovery portfolio.
- Support tentpole sporting events on discovery+ and Eurosport, such as the Olympics. Plus support wider tentpoles across Discovery’s portfolio of brands as directed including content beyond Sports - which could include factual, crime, reality, paranormal or other content.
- Ensure all consumer, affiliate, sales support and trade materials reflect the respective channel brand positionings, adhere to guidelines and are effective in communicating brand messages.
- Manage the day to day relationship with marketing agencies and the central marketing team as directed on the development, production and implementation of marketing activities.
- Write compelling creative briefs and manage the creative process with the in-house team.
- Ensure integration is seamless and consistent with ATL, digital, on-air, PR and social media disciplines working closely and collaboratively with those teams.
- Provide sports knowledge, insights, approvals and advice across the UK team.
- Work with the partnerships team to provide sports insight and help manage the day to day relationships with affiliates & partners, actioning reactive requests expediently, working proactively to deepen Discovery’s relationships and ensuring any contractual obligations are met.
- Manage and support the production of sales materials for revenue-generating departments, including reels, marketing collateral, presentations and premiums.
- Manage, coordinate and execute special events together with sales departments and agencies.
- Liaise with other marketers within the Discovery group to ensure efficiencies, share assets and best practice.
- Working with the Senior Marketing Manager, feed into the marketing budget and facilitate accurate onward spend forecasting.
- Experienced brand and content marketer with a proven track record in driving high profile 360 campaigns in the UK, with a specific focus on Sports and Factual content.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and understand strategic goals.
- Strong understanding of brands and how to manage performance.
- Strong writing and presentation skills.
- Experience of organising events.
- Data driven and consumer obsessed, ensuring our target audience cohorts are at the heart of all communications.
- Have an understanding of consumer insights and how to apply them.
- Excellent communicator – able to liaise effectively with both internal and external stakeholders at all levels of seniority.
- Team player - working closely with the other functional groups within the marketing function; PR, Commercial, Scheduling, CX, Social, Partnerships and other teams to create integrated campaigns that support channel priorities
- Attention to detail with the ability to devise new and innovative ideas that will help strengthen our brands.
- A deep understanding of TV, streaming and media industry.
- Flexibility to work across Sport, Factual and Lifestyle depending on the commissioning role out plans across the business.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task while meeting budgets and tight deadlines.
- A willingness to go the extra mile.
- Be thought leader and go-to contact on sport in the team.
- Establish an efficient workflow with the central ES team to receive and adapt assets suitable for a local audience.
- Communications, marketing or multimedia degree with at least 5 years’ experience in marketing
- Actively contribute to maximising the ROI on marketing budgets
- Drive key KPI targets with a focus on building awareness and growth on d+
- Actively contribute to driving channel ad revenue
- Active support in Brand Partnerships strategy to reach revenue goals.
- Timely & technically flawless execution of planned campaigns & activities.
Necessary Qualities and Skills:
- Superior project and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving environment.
- Excellent written and communications skills with a strong ability to manage internal and external stakeholders – relationship management is key to this role.
- Team player & collaborator.
- Importance of communication within the team environment,
- Adaptability, flexibility, ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, be an agent of change, embrace new ways of working.
- Understand and be responsive to the evolving priorities of the business.
- Always go the extra mile.