Data Lead Analyst - 12 Month FTC
Are you master of data visualisation? Can you untangle complex data problems, explaining them in a simple narrative? Do you have strong business, commercial and operational awareness combined with a passion for using numbers to solve problems? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Data Mission Lead, you will be joining the Bank at an exciting time during our transformation programme. You will be tasked finding the stories in the numbers, bringing them to life in vivid and accessible ways, and framing them within their business context. You will be working closely with our Director of Strategy, Customer Analytics and Capability & Innovation as part of a growing area within the Bank.
Depending on the team, most of our roles offer flexible working and you will work remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
So what would you be doing?...
• Shaping data self-service, helping to understand the needs and priorities of the business area(s) you support, proactivity developing an optimal self-service BI capability
• Solving business problems, acting as the go-to person for multiple business areas for data analysis, working in partnership to identify and tackle valuable problems/opportunities for the Bank
• Championing the adoption of insight-led leadership, showcasing the valuable role data plays in creating an ever-better Bank for our customers
• Working with stakeholders across your areas, managing their expectations whilst exercising diplomacy and sound business judgement in helping to manage the team’s competing priorities
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You’ll have experience working as a Senior Data Analyst in a complex business environment
• We need you to have outstanding data visualisation ability, combined with strong working of SQL, R or Python
• You will be a strong and thoughtful influencer, able to build relationships with key
• Naturally, you will be able to untangle complex problems into simple linear narratives, aided by world-class PowerPoint skills
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!