Lawyer (Consumer Finance) - Flexible Working Available
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose - to Help Britain recover. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses and communities. And as the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK.
This is a phenomenal opportunity to join a vibrant, dedicated, value adding legal team who work hand in hand with the business to create great customer outcomes!
Here in the Consumer Finance division of the Retail Bank we offer customers everyday products; providing credit cards and loans to individuals - enabling them to Buy, Borrow and Budget. The number one provider of consumer credit cards and loans in the UK distributed through four iconic brands of Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland and now MBNA.
Consumer Finance also has a Motor Finance and Leasing division from which Black Horse and Lex Autolease operate. Our Legal teams support both parts of the division have now combined.
Our vision within Consumer Finance Legal is to "Protect, Influence, Empower". We align with the aims of the business in demonstrating the Groups' capabilities to deepen customer relationship and redefining ways of working to deliver a leading customer experience. We're specialists in identifying and running legal risk, but we go further and add value with our commercial and discernment as well as ensuring customers receive fair and consistent treatment.
What would you be getting involved with?
As the Lawyer you'll provide advice on the end to end customer journeys from the on-boarding of customers through to servicing and beyond. In that way you're making a real difference to a customer's experience.
You'll support cards and loans products, including terms & conditions reviews and ensure that legal developments (statutory or otherwise), risks and appropriate training needs relevant to the areas of accountability are being addressed and appropriately raised, reported and shared.
It's imperative that you'll have an understanding and build an effective Legal risk management framework for the Consumer Finance business.
A key part of your role will be working collaboratively with lawyers across the Legal Community to provide joined up legal support for any litigation, contentious regulatory, competition and commercial contracts issues to Consumer Finance. You'll lead on specific projects or reviews within their area of specialism.
You'll actively collaborate with team in delivering the accountabilities and have responsibility for the provision of high quality commercial advice 974954 and support to relevant partners in Consumer Finance and Retail on a wide range of their needs.
Additional key accountabilities include:
- Assist the Group in any dealings with the FCA, PRA and other regulatory or trade bodies. This may include helping to craft external thinking on the reform of consumer credit and consumer protection legislation.
- Working in partnership with other Group, Divisional and Business Units, in particular Digital Engagement, Finance, Risk, CCOR and Operations to deliver commercial and customer focused solutions.
- Deliver Legal technical input to influence projects with a significant impact across the Group or a number of Business divisions.
- Help deliver the engagement model between Legal and the Consumer Finance business
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours.
- Call out and report legal or governance issues within own / supported area, recommending solutions as required.
- A qualified solicitor with post qualification experience
- Technical knowledge of unsecured consumer credit law, general consumer law as well as the ability to apply FCA Principles, FCA rules (e.g. CONC), Payment Services Regulations, TCF/Conduct Risk and other regulatory requirements applying to the Consumer Finance business
- OR have similar expertise gained through substantial experience of working in a legal or company secretariat function
- Could have acquired a legal qualification via the Legal Executive Diploma in Law and Practice with a number of years post qualification experience in a legal function
What would you get in return?
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
You'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements, including regular homeworking opportunities.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.