Technical Specialist - SCCM
Want to do the best work of your life? Make your mark at Europe's leading entertainment brand. Our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work - a place where you can be yourself and let your skills shine.
As a Technical Specialist, you will join the Client Technologies Team in its support of the End User Desktop Experience to the organisation. The Technical Specialist will be responsible for providing design, deploying, configuring and support of desktop technologies in a distributed environment.
As the Technical Specialist, you will be responsible for software distribution and patch management as well as building and deploying software packages to workstations. You will provide administration support for software package development and configuration management and will research and evaluate software and hardware technologies.
What you'll do:
- Provide expert knowledge of numerous core Microsoft systems, enterprise infrastructure technologies and modern device management solutions primarily using SCCM and Intune are critical to this role
- Provide Tier III support with in-depth knowledge of desktop/application troubleshooting
- Research and develop new technology, latest hardware, tools and scripts to support desktop computing and the end user desktop experience
- Extensive experience as a Desktop Management Engineer, providing Windows Desktop application deployment solution and support within a large size corporate environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating system patching, enterprise class desktop hardware and software such as Windows 10, Remote management and troubleshooting, process automation using scripting tools such as Powershell.
- Strong understanding of enterprise endpoint data protection, and encryption.
What you'll bring:
- Ability to prioritize and plan
- Able to work effectively under deadlines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to details.
- Strong analytical, trouble-shooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills are critical to this role.
- Provide technical direction to project teams
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work options:
Will consider Osterley or Livingston base
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Livingston Watermark House
Our lively campus is a free shuttle bus away from Livingston South train station and the town centre. Plus there's onsite parking available for cars, motorbikes and bicycles.
You'll be well fed at our subsidised canteen, and you can keep in shape at our onsite gym. Or play a game of pool or table tennis.
We don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.