Principal Contractor's Representative (PC Rep)
What is the purpose of this role?
- To support the Principal Contractor Project Lead in the delivery of allocated contracts, safely and in accordance with legislation and Amey Procedures to contract specification and programme.
What will this role involve?
- To undertake site safety tours and compliance checks on behalf of Amey
- To provide Amey with a legal provision of site representation under both CDM 2015 and Amey PC licence requirements
- Management of site set ups from start to conclusion
- Production of all required paperwork to support the Rails Systems Principal Contractor function including but not limited to WPP, TBS, relevant permits
- Produce, deliver and manage Whiteboard briefings, rosters and race cards
- Ensure security of infrastructure by strategic deployment of security personnel
- Collate witness statements, interviews and production of initial reports in the event of an incident or accident
- Implement and manage 'for cause' testing process on site
- Provide management of sharps
- Manage supply and control of safety critical comms including DECT Comms and Back to Back Radios
- Establish dust monitoring on site and control measures to mitigate exposure
- Manage removal of hazardous waste from site to ensure work can continue safely
- Coordination and removal of waste from site in line with Site Waste Management Plan
- Manage and implement emergency management plans i.e. tunnel working
- Provide support to the alliance for site visitors, including VIPs
What are we looking for?
- SMSTS or similar H&S Qualification
- Detailed understanding and application of CDM 2015 regulations
- Detailed understanding and application of Railway PC Licence requirements
- Detailed understanding and application of PDSW process
- Good Level of Computer literacy - Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Microsoft Outlook.
- Understanding of Railway Planning systems.
- Satisfy requirements of PTS medical.
- Personal track safety AC (PTS AC)
- IWA/COSS/SWL1 Competency
- Knowledge of Risk Assessment techniques
- Acceptance of Sponsorship
- Industry Common Induction
- Standard 019 Briefing
- D&A Screening
- Must be able to drive.
- Basic project management/ supervisory experience in multi-disciplinary project environment.
Desirable Skills, Qualifications and Training:
- Engineering Supervisor
- Safe Work Leader 2 SWL (2)
- Safe Work Manager (SWM)
- Sharps Handling & Awareness
- Quality Standards Awareness
- CDM (2015) Regulations Training
- Presentation skills, collaborative working
- Working at Height
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
About TRU West
The Transpennine Route is a major transport artery for the UK and for the communities and economies across the north of England. It runs for 76 miles between Manchester, Leeds, York, Selby and onto Humberside. It's a hugely popular route and passenger numbers have doubled over the past 25 years. Millions of people that work, study and live alongside the railway depend on it every year.
The Transpennine Route Upgrade (TRU) is a multi-billion pound investment programme that will deliver a high performing, reliable railway for passengers with more seats, more trains and faster journeys between Manchester and York via Huddersfield and Leeds. It is the biggest railway transformation the north has seen since the Victorian era.
TRU is made up of three programmes: West of Leeds, Leeds Central and East of Leeds. The West of Leeds Alliance (TRU West) is responsible for the transformation of the railway between Manchester and Leeds.
Acting as one team, the TRU West Alliance will put passengers first and deliver a positive outcome for all involved: for the team, which will gain unparalleled experience; for people that live, work and study along the railway; for Network Rail's customers and stakeholders; for the public purse and ultimately, for the North of England. In this way, the TRU West Alliance will not only deliver present benefit but also leave a lasting, sustainable legacy.