Data Analyst - Flexible Working Available
About the Role
In this role, you will help lead the programme activities to ensure that there is transparency on project status and programme performance whilst driving quality and process improvements. You’ll work closely with project stakeholders including Account Managers, Senior Business stakeholders and Directors to provide accurate project and programme status information.
- Reconcile, process and report on project/programme financial and performance information whilst tracking, policing and reporting on project costs, controls and associated finances.
- Get involved with the analysis of structured and unstructured data to proactively seek process improvements and efficiencies and assist with administration for a range of project and programme activities all while providing timely and effective communications on the Programme Office related responsibilities.
-Mentor Project Managers to ensure key Programme quality controls and processes are followed e.g. Status updates, Change control, budget tracking, RAID, workflow and you’ll also adhere to department and information security standards.
- Support programme planning events such as portfolio prioritisation, programme alignment meetings and retrospectives and will configure, administer, train and support the Project Portfolio Management applications.
- Work effectively with supporting teams such as Finance, HR, near shore and external agencies as well as building relationships across the business in order to facilitate activities.
Flexible working options are available with this role, including home working.
- Knowledge and experience of project and programme lifecycles, governance, controls and reporting mechanisms
- Able to communicate and provide support to senior management.
Competent with data analysis, data integration and transformation using tools such as SQL, Google Sheets, Power Query
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Able to take on challenging objectives and achieve them
- Confidence in working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Technical competence in computer skills, especially advanced Excel/Google Sheets
- Proven track record of supporting projects and adaptable to change
- Excellent organisation and coordination skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience working with SAFE Agile
- Finance experience in reconciliation, data processing and reporting
- Knowledge around PCI, GDPR etc
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- ShareSave Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Staff Discount
- On-site Nursery
You know Next, but did you know we’re a FTSE-100 retail company employing over 43,000 people across the UK and Ireland. We’re the UK’s 2nd largest fashion retailer and for Kidswear we’re the market leader. At the last count we have over 540 stores, plus the Next Online and it’s now possible to buy on-line from over 70 countries around the world! So we’ve gone global!