Telephone Account Manager - Flexible Working Available
Telephone Account Manager
About the role:
This role supports the Just Group business income strategy for the FI Distribution channel, taking responsibility for an agreed proportion of the business income target. The job holder will work with the Specialist Account Director, Strategic Account Director, Business Development Manager or Business Development Consultant, as appropriate, in the management of Just’s relationship and the development of business from a pre-defined panel of Financial Intermediaries over the telephone to achieve the delivery of an agreed individual sales plan.
Attainment of an agreed individual sales plan will, in the main, be achieved by converting issued quotations into new business applications. Additional business objectives should be met in relation to Key Performance Indicators based on conversion rates, RTP and time elapsed.
- To be responsible, with the Specialist Account Director, Strategic Account Director, Business Development Manager or Business Development Consultant, as appropriate, for obtaining business from a pre-defined panel of FIs
- To maintain a high degree of proactive contact with FI’s to secure business, driven through outbound calling in accordance with plans agreed by the job holder, the Sales Manager and where appropriate, the Specialist Account Director, Strategic Account Director, Business Development Manager or Business Development Consultant.
- To assist in the agreement and implementation of an operating plan with the Specialist Account Director, Strategic Account Director, Business Development Manager or Business Development Consultant, as appropriate, and the Sales Manager. To assist in the monitoring of the plan and ensure that any required corrective action is taken as necessary to ensure successful achievement of plan.
- To actively manage a pre-defined diarised list of issued quotations in order to secure new business applications. To undertake outbound calls to FI’s in order to convert quotations produced into applications, working towards individual pre-determined Personal Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for effectively embedding a range of Just “sales” messages to the pre-defined panel, regarding products and services in order to create the need for further support to the Just Group
- To attend key external Intermediary facing events in order to pro-actively interact with attendees to build awareness of our proposition, products and services and to gain valuable market insight. The role holder would be expected to attend a key external event at a rate of approximately one per quarter.
- Provide a point of contact for the pre-defined panel of FIs once they have quoted Just
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of both Just Group’s and competitors’ product ranges, legislative and business developments within the industry and to utilise this knowledge in outbound calls.
- To lead in self-development and progression through the Sales Development Path (from Foundation through to Mastery). To work with our Development Coach and our Call Competency Framework to accelerate learning
- To build strong and productive working relationships with both sales and administration staff at all accounts
- To operate within standard procedures and compliance guidelines.
·CF1 (UK Financial Services, Regulations & Ethics), ER1 (Equity Release) and CF8 (Long Term Care)
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear focus on results, quality and service
- Desire to succeed
- Ability to actively manage a diarised process whilst maintaining call rates and a high degree of enthusiasm
- Flexible approach; ability to work as part of a team in a fast moving environment
Experience of working within a sales environment, preferably in Financial Services