Assistant Manager - Retail Operations - Flexible Working Available
About the opportunity
The Retail Operations Dealing and Maintenance Team is new team within the UK being created to support Operational Resilience.
Operational Resilience requires us to be able to embed capabilities, processes, behaviours and systems which allow an organisation to continue to carry out its activities should there be any type of disruption.
The joint FCA, PRA and BoE regulation requires firms to demonstrate an understanding of how they operate their most important business services. This includes planning for disruptive events as well as seeking to prevent them.
The team will work alongside the function in India and will be responsible for ensuring the smooth processing of a Fidelity customer’s financial or non-financial instruction. The function performs varied tasks that takes care of various stages of the customer’s journey, including but not limited to creating an account, placing a deal, correcting errors, settling deals, monitoring fraud and transferring holdings from other companies to Fidelity.
Purpose of your role
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a new team as it looks to build out and embed its new structure in the UK.
Primarily, the purpose of this role is to provide day to day leadership support for all aspects of the Dealing and Maintenance Team. This will involve monitoring daily volumes and co-ordinating staff to ensure customer (both internal FIL staff and external FIL investors) instructions are dealt accurately and in a timely manner. The individual will be required to liaise with various teams across locations to ensure work is completed on time and any potential issues escalated in a timely manner to the appropriate level of management.
The individual should demonstrate a high level of commitment to our customers and constantly aim to improve service one can provide to them by adhering to and show casing the Fidelity Values and Behaviours.
- Daily oversight of Fidelity staff including all aspects of employee staff development planning, 1:1’s and appraisals
- Monitoring of key performance indicators, service level agreements and quality
- Co-ordination and escalation point with internal teams for all aspects of Dealing and Maintenance processing
- Daily liaison with FIL internal teams
- Process improvement identification and prioritisation
- Develop and maintain good relationships with operational teams to foster process improvement and continuous improvement
Required Experience, Mindset and Qualifications
- Understand financial markets and products and apply that knowledge in resolving customer issues
- A true team player who will be happy to volunteer to assist colleagues when necessary
- Strong leadership skills, having managed small to medium sized teams / functions, ideally having lead staff across multiple locations
- Should be able to explain the key principles of Risk and the escalation process and should be able to understand and mitigate the impact of risk
- Be able to analyse data and publish relevant Management Information
- Willingness to take ownership and to delegate effectively
- Assertive and self-motivated and an ability to prioritise and multi-task effectively
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with a variety of stakeholders and level of seniority
- Capability to assimilate knowledge quickly
- Ability to recognise issues in processes and escalate appropriately and effectively ensuring they are resolved to the satisfaction of the client and Fidelity
- Able to work well under pressure
- Open to change and adaptable
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach to problem solving
- Commitment and professionalism
- Can do attitude
Additional Skills Required:
- A passion for learning
- The ability to complete multiple tasks against tight deadlines is paramount for this role
- Able to prioritise and organise effectively
- Self-starter – demonstrates good use of initiative
- Communicator – excellent written and verbal skills, with attention to detail
- Decision maker – problem solving, and solution orientated
- Numerate and computer literate (Excel, Word and PowerPoint)
- The ability to question internal processes and encourage improvement
About Fidelity International Fidelity International offers investment solutions and services and retirement expertise to more than 2.5 million customers globally. As a privately held, purpose-driven company with a 50-year heritage, we think generationally and invest for the long term. Operating in more than 25 countries and with $739.9 billion in total assets, our clients range from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, large corporates, financial institutions, insurers and wealth managers, to private individuals.
Our Workplace & Personal Financial Health business provides individuals, advisers and employers with access to world-class investment choices, third-party solutions, administration services and pension guidance. Together with our Investment Solutions & Services business, we invest $567 billion on behalf of our clients. By combining our asset management expertise with our solutions for workplace and personal investing, we work together to build better financial futures.
Our clients come from all walks of life and so do we. We are proud of our inclusive culture and encourage applications from the widest mix of talent, whatever your age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, social background and more.
As a flexible employer, we trust our people to perform their role in the way that works best for them, our clients and our business. We are a disability-friendly company and would welcome a conversation with you if you feel you might benefit from any reasonable adjustments to perform to the best of your ability during the recruitment process and beyond. Data as at 31 March 2021. Read more at https://www.fidelityinternational.com/