Corporate Actions Analyst - Home Working Available
You’ll find the promise we make to our clients is the same one we make to our employees: Your success is our priority.
Here, you’ll find growth and career opportunities across all our businesses. We’re intentionally built to help you succeed. Our reach is expansive with a global team of 2,000 people working together. Our expertise is diverse with more than 450 investment professionals sharing global perspectives across all major asset classes and markets. Our clients have access to a broad array of investment strategies and we have the capability to create bespoke solutions matched to clients’ specific requirements.
Columbia Threadneedle is a people business and we recognise that our success is due to our talented people, who bring diversity of thought, complementary skills and capabilities. We are committed to providing an inclusive workplace that supports the diversity of our employees and reflects our broader communities and client-base. We welcome applications from returners to the industry.
We appreciate that work-life balance is an important factor for many when considering their next move so please discuss any flexible working requirements directly with your recruiter. Where you’ll fit in & what our team goals are….
In this role you will ensure accurate and timely processing of all Corporate Actions across multiple product types for both mandatory and voluntary Corporate Actions. You will liaise between Portfolio Managers, Trading, Accounting, Operations and external Custodians.
How you'll spend your time....
- Research and develop in-depth understanding of terms and conditions of voluntary corporate actions. Coordinate the communication of elections with Portfolio Management and portfolio custodian. Responsible for instructing custodian banks of PM's decision by stated deadlines. Communicate corporate actions to impacted stakeholders.
- Perform mandatory corporate action procedures. Monitor corporate action events and process events in Aladdin and Hi-Portfolio. Research and develop an in-depth understanding of the event.
- Review corporate action transactions and ensures reconciliation with custodians. Manage share restrictions or encumbrances for corporate action related items.
- Act as primary resource for corporate action issues for all departments. Research and respond to business partner's inquires related to corporate actions.
To be successful in this role you will have....
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess knowledge of financial securities and the investment industry.
- Understand and interpret complex corporate action documentation.
- Resolve issues quickly and deliver results with a high degree of accuracy.
If you also had this, it would be great….
- Qualified in Finance or Business Administration