Internal Communications Manager - Part Time
For almost 30 years, Greenergy has been investing in lower carbon renewable fuels that can be used in existing vehicles. As Europe’s largest manufacturer of waste-based biodiesel, renewables are core to Greenergy’s strategy to drive transport decarbonisation through continued leadership in renewables.
An established supplier and distributor of transportation fuels, Greenergy operates strategic infrastructure in key demand locations, offering customers unmatched supply resilience across the UK, Ireland, Canada, Brazil and through a joint venture in Bahrain.
Hours: Part time – 3 days/22.5hrs (flexible)
Scope of role:
We are looking for someone with four to five years’ experience of working in an internal communications team to support the Head of Communications and the HR Director in the delivery of the Group’s internal communications strategy and to develop and activate the employer brand. You will have to be a self-starter and will be responsible for implementing and driving activities which inform, engage and inspire employees across our multiple locations to implement the internal communications strategy, supporting and reporting into the Head of Communications.
The role requires a strategic, creative and intuitive thinker, with strong interpersonal skills to work with a wide range of stakeholders. You will be responsible for articulating strategy and business priorities and how individuals and teams contribute to their success, building the internal communications framework and maintain and improve employee engagement. You will plan, edit and write content on a variety of internal communications media and storyboard creative campaigns.
Experience within the renewables or fuel industry would be a bonus.
• Internal communications professional with a real desire to succeed
• Intranet management experience, knowledge of software (Microsoft 365) and best practice for user experience
• Familiar with technology used in communication, especially digital content.
• Demonstrated experience of developing and activating an employer brand across multiple channels.
• Excellent writing and proofreading skills
• A proven track record of supporting, developing and activating a range of internal communications programmes and channels which demonstrate a measurable impact
• Experience using a range of employee engagement approaches to build understanding, belief and ownership
• A creative and collaborative team player
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills to source content from employees across the group.
• High level of drive with a very strong ‘can-do' attitude
• An eye for innovative ways of delivering internal communications
• Experience of project management including vendor management
• Experience of delivering programmes that reflect the local cultures of the countries in which we operate
• Strategic and intuitive thinker with the ability to provide creative solutions
• Down to earth, pro-active, determined and focused to deliver results
• Honesty, integrity and able to handle confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner
• Outstanding interpersonal, presentation and communication skills, and willingness to work as a team
• Motivation to learn quickly and demonstrate maturity in a fast moving and dynamic environment
• Ability to set clear goals and manage multiple assignments
• Strong organizational capabilities with excellent attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills and ability to articulate ideas clearly
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple priorities
• Experience within the renewables or energy industries would be a bonus
People are key to our continuing success; we work hard to reward, develop and retain staff. We offer a competitive salary, career progression opportunities, along with a comprehensive benefits package.
Greenergy are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a global company. Employment at Greenergy is based solely on a person's merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.