Site Supervisor POS
Purpose of the Role
The ALO/ POS Planner shall responsible for ensuring all work involving On Track Plant and work in line with Amey policy CONSI-Railway-POS-PO-01 and Network Rail code of practice COP32
Number of reportable accidents/incidents
- Record of safety
- Customer satisfaction
- On-site performance
- Correlation of information
What will this role involve?
· To be responsible for the preparation and briefing out of POS packs and ALO work plans, lift plans and drawings as required, ensuring pack details are correct and cover planned works and identified plant.
· To provide plant related input in to the work planning process to guide and inform in relation to OTP selection and operational requirements.
· Compile shift reports and complete VFL on site
· To ensure that all staff are issued with adequate PPE, Training, equipment and any relevant updates and briefings as necessary.
· Ensure that the OHLE department within Amey Rail Ltd complies with all statutory and Network Rail rules and regulations with regard to hours worked, drugs and alcohol and medical fitness policies.
· To attend required site meetings and collate relevant paperwork (Whiteboard meetings)
· To organise and manage staff under their control
· Compile and give Method Statement briefings / task briefing/ tool box talks
· To collate and complete all relevant documentation for staff and clients
· To check all documentation is correctly filled in and returned to the depot reviewed, actioned and filed.
· Ensure that only competent and fully certificated staff are used for duties on and off the railway infrastructure
· Ensure POS/ALO/Lift Plan paperwork is checked and made available for the required shift
· Communicating with the client, 3rd parties and Amey staff on a regular basis
What are we looking for?
- First aid for electrical accidents
- In depth knowledge of Network Rail rules and regulations
- Familiar with CDM regulations
- Strong Geographical knowledge
- Meeting skills
- Report writing skills
- Full Driving licence
- Computer Literate
- Points Operator
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- People management and development
- Self motivation
- Ability to use initiative
- Achieving results
- Risk Management
- Problem solving and decision making
About AmeyAmey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. Our team of 16,000 provides consulting and infrastructure support services. We make a difference by designing, building, maintaining and investing in our country's services and infrastructure including the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keeping schools safe and clean, managing the UK's defence estate, safely escorting prisoners and keeping prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver key utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on. Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that's why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.