Senior Java Developer - Flexible Working Available
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"Join a talented team of developers and automation testers working on the Sky's award-winning Sky Q products, such as the Sky Q user interface and the Sky Go apps.
We are expanding the team to work on exciting new projects and platforms and are creating new systems and features that make using them a great customer experience. This could include streaming various content types, set up and control of devices, analytics" - Scrum Master
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Develop high quality, testable and performant software using agile practices.
- Help the team choose the best solutions and technologies for the task in hand.
- Be participating in the full software life-cycle, including support and continuous integration.
- Assist analysts and business partners in shaping, estimating and planning new requirements.
- Own, troubleshoot and resolve code defects
- Mentor and coach junior members of the team
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Extensive experience in the Spring Framework (Core, MVC, ORM, Annotations, Test etc.)
- Experience in developing lightweight REST services (JSON)
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases and Object/Relational mappings (Spring/Hibernate)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins or similar)
- Experience with testing frameworks, both from a unit and integration perspective
- Hands on deployment experience with Docker and Kubernetes and/or similar technologies
- Good understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP(S) and concepts such as ETags and caching (app level and Akamai)
- Knowledge of gathering and analysing data using Splunk and/or Elk
- Knowledge of AWS an advantage
- Excellent communication skills
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, So we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.