What is the purpose of this role?
- Working in the Engineering teams of the Severn Bridges Group carrying out electrical maintenance and inspection works on the iconic M48 Severn Bridge and M4 Second Severn Crossing.
What does this role involve?
- Employ and ensure the use of safe working methods and the observance of Health and Safety Policies at all times.
- Assist with the electrical maintenance including new installations of the M48 Severn Bridge, M4 Second Severn Crossing and its associated plant, workshops, buildings and concession area assets
- Under the general Supervision of electrically skilled Personnel, carry out and assist with weekly & monthly electrical maintenance inspections and report back accordingly
- Assist with the movement of tools and equipment as directed.
- Supplement the maintenance teams in repairs to movement joints, carriageway surfacing and other maintenance activities as directed and in line with operational requirements
- Maintain a regime of good housekeeping on site and in the workshop and stores at all times
- Carry out monitoring of water temperatures as directed
- Carry out other such duties as are required and are commensurate with the grade of post.
What are we looking for?
- Experience of working in an engineering environment.
- Experience and knowledge of Health and Safety practices.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- NVQ Level 2, IOSHH Working Safely
- Proven verbal and written communication skills.
- A self-motivated individual who can work to method statements and task sheets.
- Flexibility in approach and attitude to work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work outdoors and at height.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.