Senior MS Dynamics 365 Developer
Willmott Dixon are recruiting for a Senior MS Dynamics 365 Developer to join our Application Services Team. The role of the Senior Developer is to provide the most senior level of technical leadership and subject matter expertise within the Application Services Team, and in particular for our MS Dynamics 365 implementation project. The Senior Developer will be a Subject Matter Expert across all technical areas within the Application Services Team for software development and shall act as Technical Design Authority to ensure solution compliance to service and technical standards. This role can be done remotely but may require a presence at our head office in Letchworth Garden City from time to time according to business requirements.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
* Genuine and friendly
* Innovative and keen to improve
* Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Application Services Team? Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the IT applications that they require to do their jobs successfully. We have an in-house application development team that works closely with the business to understand their requirements and recommends / develops solutions to help the business to address their challenges. Specifically, for this role we require an individual with advanced MS Dynamics 365 development skills and experience. In addition to this you will have experience of developing in power platform (Power Apps and Power Platform). In addition to the required technical skills for the role, we are looking for people that have exceptional customer facing skills with an ability to explain technical matters in business language to key stakeholders within the business.
Within the role you will be required to: -
* Provide high quality software development expertise for Willmott Dixon software solutions.
* Drive technical roadmaps for applications within Application Services landscape while ensuring alignment to business objectives.
* Understand business domain. Proactively seek and recommend solutions to help the business to address challenges and problems.
* Lead on initial idea investigation, requirements elicitations workshops with the business and solutions design, which will deliver desired business outcomes.
* Perform the role of Scrum Master and lead a self-organising team during a project delivery.
* Collaborate with the Digital Business Partners and other Principals in identifying areas for improvement and maintain a good knowledge of emerging best practices in the field of software development.
* Champion the Development standards defined by Application Services function and ensure their adoption across teams.
* Maintain the quality of applications by ensuring teams are performing required testing.
* Provide mentoring, guidance and advice to other team members.
* Build and maintain good collaborative working-relationships with all stakeholders.
* Organise and manage own workload effectively to meet all timescales and business expectations.
* Provide a designated level of application support to end users and other IT personnel.
* Takes ownership of specific customer escalations and sees them through to closure.
* Represents Application Services in WD-wide technical discussion and helps identify solutions to customer issues.
* Actively participate in wider technical forums outside of Willmott Dixon.
* Lead the continuous improvement activities within the Development arena:
* Lead by example and motivate others to challenge status quo, continuously learn and seek to improve further.
* Find new solutions while ensuring that future options aren't restricted by current choices.
* Explore and recommend new technology, tooling and process to improve efficiency and quality.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* Experience of developing in Dynamics 365
* Experience of developing in power platform and being an SME (Power Apps and Power Platform)
* Experience of creating commercial business applications and automation using Office 365 and Power Platform suite of products
* Experience of creating custom connectors
* Web Services especially REST services and how they can be used in Power Platform products
* Knowledge/Experience of Power Platform environments, governance and management of Power Platform admin centre
* Experience working with Agile/Scrum methodology
* Knowledge of developing in C# and .Net Technologies
* Knowledge of Azure platform services
Genuine and Friendly
* show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
* are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
* are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
* change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
* challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
* seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
* take a bigger picture overview
* keep it simple
* take the time to explain issues
* speak plainly and avoid using jargon
* try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
* take leaps of faith without fear of failure
* listen to all ideas with an open mind * are curious and experimental
* seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
* set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
* respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
* Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
* try to understand our customers' point of view
* proactively keep people updated
* take time to have fun
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
Benefits: In return we reward our people generously with a competitive package that gives you flexible benefits to fit your lifestyle and priorities. This includes but is not limited to, an enhanced pension scheme, full / heavily discounted private medical, life assurance, incentive bonus and a car scheme which will make us a market leader in sustainable company travel. Applicable roles will benefit from a motoring expenditure allowance (MEA) and everyone can access a new generation of low carbon and electric cars via the Willmott Dixon run car leasing scheme.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business! Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.