Highways Technician / Administrator
What is the purpose of this role?
- Provide support to the Operational Control Room ensuring all depots are operational daily and performing to their optimum, to ensure the business complies with targets
What will this role involve?
- Supporting the Operational Control Room with the coordination of emergency calls and their response.
- Following the Amey safe ways of working systems to ensure crews can complete the daily plan.
- Highlighting issues to the team in accordance with client targets and enabling accurate reporting.
- Permitting in accordance with local requirements in a timely manner
What are we looking for?
- Previously worked in administration in a highways related field
- Prioritised workloads in a busy team to achieve targets
- Excelled in providing outstanding customer service to a wide variety of stakeholders
- Worked within a highways team or related field
- Identified opportunities to innovate and improve the service offer of my team
- Dealing with high priority situations over telephone to get a quick resolution
- Sound knowledge of relevant regulations e.g. NRSWA, TMA, Highways Act
- Digitally literate - Excel, Word, Power point and Outlook - desirable
- CAD software experience - desirable
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.