Business change delivery
Business Change Delivery Lead
Location: Dartford, St Neots or Manchester considered
Fixed term contract 15 months (Flexible working options available)
Laing O'Rourke have a newly created and exciting position to help lead change within our Select Plant Hire division. It is a unique opportunity to work collaboratively with the existing team to implement change and roll out a new system for the business. As part of the Laing O'Rourke digital transformation you will be given full support from the team to help capture requirements, advise on rollout, work collectively with the teams involved and coordinate change. As a champion for change you will be the driving force behind pro-active communication. This means driving change in person and through communication platforms like newsletters and internal communication applications.
What are we looking for?
A forward-thinking professional to coordinate requirements capture, analysis, validation, verification, and approval as well as making sure that requirements are complete, consistent, feasible and verifiable. Helping to Identify, define and track the benefits and outcomes required of the programme. With the support of the project PM who will support you with business resources to enable delivery of project requirements.
You will be responsible for the documentation of the business function processes and coordination of any changes to the processes. Working collaboratively with the project PM and key business stakeholders on any changes made. Your expertise will be required to roll-out and complete user acceptance and testing requirements enabling a smooth digital transformation. This means taking responsibility for training requirements, training materials and documentation.
- Working with business leads to document and communicate business process
- Delivering to business unit/function requirements while liaising with platform ownership to ensure compliance with group standards and data models
- Working with the Digital and Data team, facilitate data analysis of operations data to determine value
- Support the Technical Function Strategy and Transformation Lead on delivering a framework that underpins operational excellence, evidenced through defined measures and indicators.
- Responsible for determining and measuring the metrics showing that the implementation is delivering on the brief and presenting to key stakeholders
Desired person spec:
- Change management skills - experience with coaching and working with people to solve difficult problems; ability to absorb negative feedback and resistance to change as par for the course in integrating change; meaningfully incorporating useful feedback (both positive and negative) to improve the overarching change approach
- Communication skills - ability to communicate with and influence people in a wide range of roles - from project leaders to junior workforce technicians.
- Collaboration skills - comfortable working in cross-functional teams towards common goals & outcomes. Comfortable working in a non-hierarchical team setting
Diversity & Inclusion:
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
Laing O'Rourke is an employer member of Working Families, a UK-based charity that supports work-life balance. Please talk to us about flexible, dynamic, job share and part time working options.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email
We're Laing O'Rourke and we deliver certainty through the power of experience.
Laing O'Rourke is an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
The company's process of transformation continues at pace, as it seeks to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in more productive, resilient, sustainable and diverse construction sector.
Perhaps the most urgent challenges facing the sector today are those of sustainability. Laing O'Rourke has set out far-reaching global sustainability targets, including a commitment to decarbonise its own operations by 2030 and achieve equal numbers of men and women among its global staff by 2033.