Communications & Engagement Officer - Flexible Working Available
Highways England are inviting a secondment from the partners of the Motorway Alliance for the position of Information Security Lead.
Reporting into the Head of Communications, the Communications and Engagement Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation of the internal communications strategy. Working as part of a team, you’ll proactively keep stakeholders well-informed and engaged through using different types of communications, aligned to the SMP Alliance’s values, vision and mission.
Your ability to develop a positive rapport and strong communications and influencing skills will help to inspire and instil confidence across the Alliance. This is a varied role that will cover both content and monitoring of channels and engagement. Tracking and understanding the impact of the methods will also be important, as this will support our culture of continuous improvement.
We inspire each other every day to be ever more innovative and successful in delivery. We’re always looking to raise the bar and deliver with excellence. This is a unique opportunity to join a ground-breaking team that will lead in developing new ways of delivering motorway construction projects across the strategic road network.
• Work with colleagues across the SMP Alliance to create, edit and publish high-quality, engaging digital content
• Planning and developing compelling content for all digital channels (campaigns, blog posts, articles, videos etc.)
• Ensure internal communication messages are aligned with external communication messages
• Managing the internal communication responses to crisis situations
• Ensure key messages are consistent across all channels and Alliance Partners
• Maintain an annual communication calendar
• Develop and deliver creative campaigns that support desired behaviours and help to embed the Alliance culture and values
• Work closely with the Highways England Creative Team to produce storyboards and promotional material
• Review and analyse performance metrics across digital channels and internal marketing campaigns
• Advise/respond to feedback from members and adjust content accordingly.
If you’re an experienced Communications and Engagement Professional who is able to bring fresh ideas and new ways of thinking aswell as add impact to a small, dynamic team we’d like to hear from you. You’ll be able to demonstrate the following :
• Strong digital skills and content writing on various formats (campaigns, blog posts, articles, videos etc.)
• Knowledge of digital communications and producing cross-platform campaigns
• Able to plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums.
• Able to work both independently and part of a team, and prioritise a complex workload
• Strong I.T skills and confident using Microsoft 365 package
• Strong stakeholder engagement skills
• Excellent written communication skills with a flair for creative storytelling • Ability to produce compelling content ideas with the ability to compose a variety of communications and styles
So, if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
The SMP Alliance consists of Highways England and 6 partners including;
Fluor (Production Management)
• Jacobs and WSP (Digital Enabled Design) and • Balfour Beatty, Costain and BAM Nuttall/Morgan Sindall joint venture (Onsite Assembly Partners)
Our goal is to unite diverse teams, unleash fresh thinking and transform delivery. We believe that collaboration is key to creating one team. ##SMPAcareers
Collectively, the Alliance will design and construct the smart motorways programme over a 10 year period covering the Government’s Road Investment Strategy 2 and 3. The Alliance is transforming the way we deliver schemes by applying a programmatic approach, utilising digital rehearsals and embedding methods of construction such as off-site manufacture. There will be a greater emphasis on digital technology, increased efficiency and standardisation.
The Alliance will drive value throughout the project lifecycle and promote a better way of working by integrating a diverse supplier network to form a wider enterprise to improve safety, create a better customer experience and deliver greater efficiency. Diversity is our future. Be part of it
Our collaborative culture is underpinned by our agreed behaviours - decision making, accountability, communication and engagement, innovation and improvement, constructive challenge and trust and respect.
Inclusion and diversity are core attributes to our identity. Employees feel engaged, connected, valued and respected for who they are. For us, this means creating a culture of belonging where we all thrive by embracing all perspectives.
We positively encourage applications from qualified candidates from all diverse groups. We are committed to not only enhancing diversity of skills but also to addressing gender imbalance. This diversity is key to bringing different insights, creating challenge, and encouraging innovation and transformation within the construction sector.
Building better, together