Service Desk Analyst - FTC - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon are looking for a Service Desk Analyst to join our busy IT Service Desk Team on a 6 month fixed term contract basis to provide first class customer service and support to users throughout our business. The team is Letchworth based and the role will involve a combination of both office and remote based working.
Why should you apply to Willmott Dixon? Our talented IT team have worked tirelessly throughout 2020 to provide the business with a best in class IT service that has kept the business running in the face of the challenges that the last year has thrown at us. They are a great team to work with and would describe themselves as: -
- Genuine and friendly
- Innovative and keen to improve
- Responsive to customer needs
Not only are they a genuinely nice bunch of people, they are also passionate about ensuring that the business has the technical toolset that they need to stay ahead of the competition. This means that the business has invested heavily within IT over the last couple of years and will continue to do so throughout 2021 and beyond!
What does this mean for our Service Desk Team? Our customers are really important to us and we strive to provide our customers with the best experience possible with every contact that they have with the team. Within this role you will be the first point of contact with our end users, you will be the face / voice of IT and you will be working with customers to provide timely solutions to their technical issues.
With this in mind, we are looking for people that have exceptional customer service skills with a desire to help people and to provide a solution to their problem. You will ideally be a fast learner with an interest in IT and technology and a desire to add to your technical skills and knowledge. Previous experience within an IT based role is not required for this role, we will provide the training and support that an individual may require to be successful in this position.
Contact will be made via 4 channels, telephone, self-service, chat and e-mail. The expectation is for most contacts to be resolved at the desk.
In addition to providing this service to end users, there will also be a requirement to perform Request Fulfilment, Change requests, Major Incident and pro-active Problem Management. It is a fully central team that will be an integral part in how IT Support is managed and provided to the business.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Previous experience within a customer service focused role
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- Telephone based customer support
- Familiar with ITIL principles
- Knowledge of Microsoft O365 and Windows 10
- Previously worked on an IT service desk
Genuine and Friendly
- show kindness by respecting and caring for each other
- are not afraid to make mistakes and accept that sometimes we get things wrong
- are open to feedback, opinions and ideas
- change "No, but…" to "Yes, if…"
- challenge ways of working that are not meeting our customers' needs
- seek to change scope & timescales to customers' needs
- take a bigger picture overview
- keep it simple
- take the time to explain issues
- speak plainly and avoid using jargon
- try to listen and understand
Innovative & keen to improve
- take leaps of faith without fear of failure
- listen to all ideas with an open mind
- are curious and experimental
- seek feedback from our customers in order to learn and improve
- set time aside to be creative
Responsive to customer needs
- respond quickly and expect appropriate expectations
- Listen to what our colleagues and customers have to say
- try to understand our customers' point of view
- proactively keep people updated
- take time to have fun
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace and will consider flexible and agile working. We are a disability confident employer.
With nearly 170 years of rich history, Willmott Dixon's purpose is beyond profit; delivering brilliant buildings, transforming lives, strengthening communities and enhancing the environment so our world is fit for future generations. Ensuring that we add lasting value to the neighbourhoods we work in; our values, people, innovation, partnerships and focus on sustainability has allowed us to build a successful and solid privately owned business where our people can thrive.
Construction is changing and we are at the forefront of that change. Pioneering new ways to build, innovating the way construction is viewed and establishing ourselves as one of the top employers in any industry. It truly is an amazing company in one of the most exciting industries with a vast array of professional career paths. Adding to that our numerous people awards, we understand everyone has a unique potential and ability to make a difference and succeed; if you want your skills developed and talent recognised, why not join our business!
Willmott Dixon was awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.