Full Stack Developer
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
We're always looking to improve, developing pioneering products and services that give every one of our customers experiences they'll love. And it's the work of our forward-thinking in-house Product Development and Technology teams that drive these award-winning innovations, harnessing our creativity, technology and content to make sure our technology delivers the best experience for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Part of a team responsible for the designing, building and maintaining a platform of internal tools used by a variety of partners within Sky, to improve reliability and performance of Sky's flagship media product.
- Working on a suite of frontend, backend and big-data related services, with a more recent focus on integrating cloud-based solutions for some of our data analytics and reporting tools.
- Involved with the DevOps side of things including system administration, building, and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, and data-engineering principles including the administration of several large data ingest pipelines and an analytical reporting system
- Working closely with colleagues responsible for the data services and analytics that allow us to understand and monitor what is happening in customer homes in most efficient and proactive way.
- Bringing your own ideas to the table, explore new technologies, engage in teaching sessions to improve your own skills and mentor junior developers, ultimately helping to improve the quality of the Sky experience for our customers.
What you'll bring:
- BSc in computer science, mathematics, engineering, or related field
- Proven track record in software development (8+ years of commercial experience)
- Strong Python 3 skills
- Familiarity with MVC/MVT web frameworks (e.g. Django, Flask, Pyramid)
- Experience in developing REST APIs
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.