Social & Digital Coordinator
We’re on the lookout for an enthusiastic, dedicated and content-obsessed Social & Digital Coordinator to join our UK Marcomms team as we bring viewers the very best in real life entertainment through our brands and D2C products. Discovery is a global media leader, and we can only be the best if we have the best people (i.e you!) in our team. As a collective, we are responsible for managing and delivering all the fantastic promotional campaigns for Discovery UK, across our Factual and Lifestyle & Entertainment brands, which include – Discovery, TLC, Quest, Quest Red, Really, Food Network & HGTV.
The Social & Digital Coordinator will report into the Senior Social & Digital Manager but will also be a key member of the wider team, working closely with the Marketing and PR teams, as well as the D2C team, to ensure that we have the best digital content live across our social media feeds and websites to engage audiences and promote our amazing franchises like Gold Rush, 90 Day Fiancé, Aussie Gold Hunters, Faking It, Ghost Adventures, Man vs Food and Say Yes To The Dress as well as a diverse range of other fantastic shows.
So, if you think you’re up to the challenge, we definitely want to hear from you!
As a Social & Digital Coordinator, your focus will be to assist the wider UK social & digital team on developing and engaging our communities through brilliant content and conversation, identifying new ways to drive traffic to discovery+ (our new streaming service), via our owned digital channels.
- Assist with social feeds (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube), build rapport with our followers, deepen engagement and maximise our brands’ reach
- Coordinate delivery of social assets for use across discovery+ and linear brand social feeds; work closely with the Social & Digital Content Creator and international marketing teams to source materials
- Keep websites up to date, ensure they reflect monthly marketing priorities, help produce and upload fresh content to draw in new audiences and keep users returning
- Work closely with our third-party agency who helps manage our YouTube channels, supply them with new content each month and liaise with Rights team to understand any content restrictions
- Track performance metrics across our social feeds and websites, share insights with the wider business on a regular basis
- Assist with performance marketing content; attend brainstorms and work with team to review results in real-time and suggest content updates
- Assist Social & Digital Execs with the execution of digital-only sponsorship deals, across social feed and websites
- Attend photoshoots for big ticket marketing campaigns and assist with capturing digital content
- Keep up to date with emerging content trends, platform tools etc. to ensure strategy is evolving in line with the industry
- Embrace Discovery’s values “Power People’s Passions”.
● Good understanding of the entertainment/broadcasting industry
● Strong copywriting skills, with a keen eye for detail
● Organised and efficient, with good communication skills
● Some community management experience, with a strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & YouTube
● Ability to identify “sticky” short-form video content, adapt/edit for different social and digital platforms e.g. Instagram vs Pinterest vs Twitter vs Food Network’s website
● Basic design skills (e.g Photoshop) and editing skills (e.g Final Cut Pro or Premiere), a plus
● Able to think on your feet & come up with innovative, cross-platform ideas
● Confidence to propose new and different solutions to existing practices
● Ability to remain highly focused and flexible while working under pressure on several projects at once
● Ability to work independently to tight deadlines
● A love of reality and factual content is essential!
- Of Discovery Network UK flagship brands
- Of the broadcast, media and digital industries
- Demonstrates good consumer understanding and insights.
This role is based in our London office in Chiswick with some flexibility to work from home. Likely to be based remotely initially.
Finally, if you’re excited to bring your skills to our team, then what are you waiting for? We’re looking forward to your application.