Head of Marketing
Cult Pens - Head of Marketing
Devon based, with Hybrid remote working
Cult Pens is a growing business and part of the WH Smith Group.
We're an online retailer with an outstanding reputation for providing the best possible service to our customers. We are currently looking for a Head of Marketing to drive the marketing strategy across the business that will help in delivering on our ambitious growth plans.
This includes the management and development of all paid and non-paid marketing channels, ensuring ongoing return on investment and adopting a test and learn approach to new channels with the aim of driving Customer growth both in the UK and Internationally.
Using your extensive marketing experience and digital expertise you will develop the marketing strategy in conjunction with the Business Director, highlighting both long and medium term, plus quick win opportunities to grow new customers and increase frequency from existing ones. Working closely with the existing Digital Marketing Agency and using your extensive experience of channel performance you will build out plans to deliver on those opportunities and beyond ensuring all activity is meticulously tracked and measured providing a thorough understanding of the levers driving business performance and customer growth.
What you’ll be doing:
• Developing a marketing strategy that supports the ambitious growth plans for the business, building awareness and consideration, as well as sales, both in the UK and Internationally
• Managing and driving performance of the Digital Marketing Agency, including in depth analysis of performance to ensure paid marketing activity is delivering the best return on investment both in terms of short-term and long-term performance
• Building out a new channel testing programme, either with existing partners or recommending new ones, to support growth plans
• Working with the existing team to manage and develop a strong network of Social Media Influencers ensuring our organic activities across Social Media platforms continue to grow
• Working with the existing team to develop on our existing email activity into a full programme of activities that will drive customer engagement and loyalty
• Working with the existing team to enhance and develop our creative look and feel, our visual handwriting and tone of voice ensuring the key elements of the brand are not diluted or lost as we grow
What we are looking for:
• Digital marketing expertise and experience across a range of channels
• Excellent communicator and interpersonal skills
• Great people management and leadership skills
• Ability to carefully navigate and balance commercial objectives vs brand principles
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Problem solving and decision making
• A growth mindset with a test and learn approach