Audit Quality Senior Manager - Flexible Working Available
This role is a permanent position that is open to flexible working patterns for nine months a year. Our key reviews happen from October/November to April/May. Whether it’s building your schedule around school-term times, taking summers off or reducing the number of days a week you work, we’re able to accommodate a wide variety of schedules for the right candidate.
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons
The Elite Squad is made up of technical experts with experience across front-line audit, audit regulation and compliance. They lead our strategic priority quality agenda and play an essential role in delivering on ambitious goals in this area. The team draw on deep technical expertise and a rigorous approach to review live audits and provide coaching, feedback and practical support to improve audit quality across the firm. They work closely with our Technical Standards Group to understand our approach and deliver long-term change while embedding a culture of continuous learning and improvement. With direct access to senior leaders including the Head of Audit and Head of Audit Quality and Risk with scope to define and grow your own role, this is an opportunity for a talented and ambitious manager to make their mark on a global firm.
We’ll help you succeed
In this Senior Manager role, you’ll lead on targeted reviews of our Public Interest Entities (PIEs). You’ll bring your expertise and experience to a wide variety of different audits as you temporarily embed into their team; reviewing their work, collaborating to identify areas of improvement and providing focussed and constructive support to deliver positive change. You’ll also contribute to the Elite Squad’s strategic decision-making, working side-by-side with the firm’s senior leaders to help identify issues that require firm-wide action and develop training and guidance to ensure consistent high-quality audit. Day-to-day you’ll:
- Perform live reviews of audits at every stage and identify ways to improve quality
- Liaise with Elite Squad Director to agree areas of focus and approach to reviews
- Lead discussions with teams and develop strategies to deliver high quality audits
- Challenge the execution of audit procedures and documentation of audit work performed
- Support and coach teams to implement identified improvements and longer-term change
- Provide clear and practical solutions to ad hoc audit quality queries
We’re looking for an experienced manager ready to make a role with a lot of responsibility your own. As a minimum you’ll need:
- Excellent practical and technical auditing experience particularly on more complex audits
- Good working knowledge of IFRS
- Ability and willingness to assertively challenge and influence senior individuals and peers
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively to identify ways to improve audit quality
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Desirable: Experience of performing audit quality reviews (pre or post audit opinion)
We’re in it together
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and a benefits package to match.
We’re looking forward to the future
At BDO, we’re big enough to make a difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise.
That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?