Data Scientist - Flexible Working Available
NOW is bold, ambitious, dynamic - and proud to host the world's best entertainment. We're the only place to get Sky Cinema and Sky Sports without a contract. We're brilliant TV made by brilliant people. We're big on real diversity, inclusion and collaboration. And we need talent to keep pushing boundaries and grow our brand. Big-thinkers. Changemakers. Showstoppers. Join in.
As a member of the Data Journeys team you will use Data Science techniques to optimise journeys with improved targeting within NOW TV to maximise customer experience!
What you'll do:
- Developing relationships with stakeholders to reach a deep understanding of their business areas and inform best approach
- Understanding the commercial opportunities that exist to improve the way we make decisions with better insights
- Be a key driver in delivering the team's optimisation roadmap for data journeys utilising data science techniques
- Support development of a common predictive framework to optimise customer journeys with the use of data and best available tools and environments
- Develop, refine and scale data management and analytics procedures, systems, workflows & best practices
What you'll bring:
- Data Science experience: Strong understanding of data science methods using open source or commercial tools
- Big Data experience: Experience in dealing with very granular data, using key Big Data technologies (Hadoop, Hive/Cassandra/Impala/HBase and others) and comfortable with Linux/UNIX environments. Experience with cloud environments a plus (Google Cloud Platform, Amazon EC2). Experience with real-time framework a plus (Storm, Kafka, SAS RTDM).
- Working in a dynamic environment: Positive, can-do attitude, and adaptability to quickly evolving objectives with strong ability to present findings in a non-technical manner and to pitch at the right level
- High levels of logical thinking & problem solving skills. Able to deal with complex problems using innovative and industry leading techniques
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you'll work:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.