Service Engineer - Flexible Working Available
London based (please only apply if able to work 3 days per week in this location post Covid)
Salary & Benefits: £42,183 - £46,870 base salary, this also comes with a shift allowance of £13,500, plus annual personal bonus, 15% employer pension contribution, 4% flexible cash pot, private medical insurance, 28 days holiday plus bank holidays. We also offer flexible working hours and agile working practices to give you good work-life balance
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's leading digital bank and biggest mobile bank with over 17m million active online customers across our 3 main brands. Digitisation is at the heart of our strategy to become the bank of the future backed with an investment of £3bn over three years.
We're looking for Service engineers who are passionate about service and ensuring our Customers receive the most reliable service possible. We want to automate wherever we can, removing repetitive, manual tasks. You'll have a strong sense of ownership and integrity and enjoy working with both Business and Engineering teams.
You will be working within one of our 24*7 shift teams, working a pattern of 12 hour day and night shifts supporting our Retail Digital channel 365 days a year, ensuring we provide a reliable and robust service to our Customers.
As a Service Engineer, you'll be closely monitoring the services using state of the art tooling and providing technical expertise to investigate and resolve the highest criticality incidents. You'll be responsible for continuous improvement and automation within our team that removes repetition and manual tasks. You'll work collaboratively to reduce technical debt and mitigate operational risk. Be able to help drive usage of our monitoring and alerting toolsets, AppDynamics and Splunk and you'll be key to building our capabilities as our applications move to public cloud.
Who are we looking for:
- Strong technical skills based around the following technologies:
- Java, LUNIX, IBM Websphere, Oracle, DB2
- Scripting using bash, shell, python
- Experience using DevOps tooling such as UrbanCode
- Service mindset acquired through supporting critical applications
- Experience working shifts preferable
- Experience using Service management tools such as Service NOW
- Experience using monitoring tools such as AppDynamics, Splunk and Dynatrace
- Experience supporting applications in a public cloud environment such as GCP, AWS would be an advantage.
- A passion to automate everything, everywhere!
- Strong problem solving abilities in a complex multi-tier technical environment
- You will be a great communicator across different stakeholder groups
- You'll want to champion the Service culture and help drive adoption across our engineering labs
- You'll be able to work independently, use initiative, without management oversight
So if you have the skills we're after and playing a key role in our ongoing support and development appeals then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you…
What you'd get in return:
A collaborative learning and inclusive environment that supports your career goals, development and encourages knowledge-sharing. Flexibility to try new things while you build the future you want in a diverse, exciting and energising environment that focuses on equal opportunity and career progression.
We champion personal and professional development and as a leading digital organisation provide a competitive benefits package that includes:
We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.