What is the purpose of this role?
We have a role that has become available to be part of our MOJ team at Amey. Working in a secure environment, you will be part of a team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical. You will be working very closely with HMPPS to deliver critical service.
HMP Buckley Hall - Buckley Hall Road, Rochdale OL12 9DP
Rate of pay is Real Living Wage
What will this role involve?
- Issue required stock to prisoners (clothing etc.) on request and in a timely manner.
- Prisoner facing role. Will involve heavy lifting.
- Carry out regular checks on impress stock to ensure levels are not running low.
- Liaise with prison staff to establish stock requested by prisoners and ensure that it is readily available.
- Ensure adequate levels of required non impress stock are kept at all times.
- Keep the Stores in a good state of cleanliness and tidiness at all times.
- Pack and send any items that need to be sent by courier to ensure safe delivery.
- Provide a high level of service.
- Ensure that good records are kept of stock and track stock issued to prisoners.
- Collect any items locally as and when required.
What are we looking for?
- Able to deliver a positive impact and sees efficiency as a top priority .
- Experienced in a Stores role (desirable)
- Manual handling.
- Comfortable working in a prisoner facing role.
What makes this role unique?
You will ensure all works are carried out to the highest safety standards and to the agreed method statements. Through your expertise you will be able to demonstrate successful delivery of cost reductions. This is a great opportunity to join a well-established and growing business.
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
The Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Business Award
Are you under 23 years old? Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be the next rising star within Amey?
Go the extra mile; gain new skills, push yourself physically, help others and explore new places. Gain friendships, experiences and memories that will last a lifetime - and have lots of fun too! The award is run over an 18-month period and there are five modules and an awards presentation included. Visit amey.co.uk/dofe for more information.