Senior Site Manager
We are now looking to recruit an experienced Senior Site Manager for a major project in Wolverhampton to join our growing team in the Midlands based from our Central Birmingham office at Two Snow Hill and the project workload in the surrounding area.
As the specialist interiors arm of the Willmott Dixon Group, you will be involved on the the refurbishment of the landmark Wolverhampton Civic Hall.
Our award-winning team create space that help businesses succeed. Combining the strength of a national contractor with the skills of a highly experienced design and fit-out team and completing one-off projects up to £45 million in value.
To be considered as a Senior Site Manager, you will be capable of running and delivering refurbishment (often with structural alterations) projects of £5m plus on your own or much bigger projects as part of a team. Reporting to the Construction/Operations Manager the ideal candidate will be able to lead the supply chain to deliver the projects safely, on time, within budget and to the highest quality whilst exceeding our customers' expectations.
Our site management teams' responsibilities include:
The ability to maintain the highest standard of health, safety and environmental management.
Helping to implement project strategies in order to achieve the company's sustainability objectives.
The ability to establish and maintain standards of quality on site and ensure delivery of a quality build in accordance with the project specifications and requirements.
Adopt a professional and considerate approach with all your stakeholders to maintain good working relations.
Support of community relations and ensuring appropriate site image is maintained to encourage repeat business.
The ability to produce and develop 'look - aheads' that help the project programme and control operations to achieve delivery of the project on time.
Maintain continuous learning and development to ensure appropriate technical awareness.
Assist with project handover and ensure defect/ snag free completion.
What is the benefit of joining Willmott Dixon…?
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Willmott Dixon Interiors are an Investor in People Gold Award holder.
You will have a clear plan around your development. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business; our values are at the epicentre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent coupled with the right culture and values ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
We have very recently been awarded 5th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 (2020) to work for, the Times Top 50 Employers for Women 2021 and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- A track record of successful delivery of projects.
- A variety of construction operations.
- Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
- Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
- Efficient use of all staff and resources.
- Reading and accurately interpreting programmes, drawings and technical specifications.
- Ensuring project team(s) understanding of drawings and technical specifications.
- Understanding and appropriately sharing build programmes.
- Managing teams including the supply chain, direct employees and consultants.
- Playing a leading role which positively contributes to the project team(s).
- Proactively liaising with customers and the supply chain.
- Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc) or equivalent.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- SMSTS certificate.
- First Aid at Work certificate.
- Able to travel independently to work.
- Relevant degree.
- Working towards a MCIOB.
At Willmott Dixon we look for a balance of skills and experience but just as important to us are your values and behaviours. This role would be suitable to a person who:
- Is a team player
- Is able to Influence and inspire
- Has a growth mindset
- Excellent listening skills
- Is able to Problem solve
- Is positive & proactive
- Has excellent presentations skills both written and verbal
- Is innovative/creative/open minded
- Displays model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- Reflects regularly on experiences and performances and constantly seeks to improve
- Is personable, friendly, approachable, motivated and flexible
- Has the ability to communicate with all levels of staff
- Is people focused
- Is driven/motivated
- Is organised/detailed
Sound like you? If so, come and join our Willmott Dixon Interiors team, and become a great ambassador of our business.
At Willmott Dixon we provide an inclusive and flexible working environment for people to thrive in and we are happy to support agile working wherever possible.
We are a proud member of the Disability Confident Scheme.
We are proud to be part of the Willmott Dixon family; a privately-owned contracting and interior fit out group in the UK. With a rich history, amazing track record and strong values, this partnership makes us a stronger and more progressive organisation, allowing us to share knowledge and take on bigger and better projects.