Traffic Safety & Coordination Officer
What is the purpose of this role?
- To ensure compliance with best practice of installed and planned traffic management.
What will this role involve?
- Manage and monitor traffic management installation compliance
- Produce frequent and timely reports for the client and third parties
- Ensure compliance with current standards
- Manage budgets and staff
- Attend meetings to provide traffic and traffic management expertise into scheme development
- Attend Local Authority meetings to support client where required
- Comply with relevant health and safety legislations and industry best practice
- Ensure teams are appropriately trained and qualified
What are we looking for?
- Full driving licence
- Traffic management foreman qualification
- IT Skills Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Personal Highways Safety
- Environmental Awareness
- Tool Box Talk
- Emergency First Aid at Work (HSE)
- Medicals - Other
We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What makes this role unique?
- You will be responsible for the collection of data relating to safety and future improvements so as to safeguard the travelling public, client and Amey.
- You will have the ability to work from home and our offices in Polmadie.