Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 7 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
Sky Q is our flagship platform with millions of users across the UK, Ireland, Italy and Germany. As one of our team members you would be working with teams involved across a variety of Sky Q apps including 'Sky Sports', 'Sky News', 'Weather' and 'Services' (such as billing via TV). We also have apps which facilitate on-screen purchases via your remote, a 'Help' app designed to assist users with any issues they face, and we have teams across other new innovations in our pipeline
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Developing high quality, testable and performant applications to run on the Sky Q set-top box using our in-house libraries and frameworks.
- Contributing to the technical direction of the team.
- Working closely with design and product teams to create intuitive and innovative user experiences.
- Participating in the full software life-cycle, including support and continuous integration.
- Participating in regular showcases of new work to product owners and business stakeholders.
- Mentor junior members of the team!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Knowledge and experience using Lightning, React, Angular, Vue, Redux, RxJS, WebGL, OpenGL, Pixi.js, Node.js, Git & npm.
- Experience with testing frameworks, both from a unit and automation perspective.
- Proficient in software engineering principles, frameworks and technologies.
- Discuss technical considerations with product owners and designers.
- High attention to detail, being "pixel perfect" in translating wireframes and designs into working interactive experiences.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
Our Osterley campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Chiswick Park, Gunnersbury, Acton Town and Ealing Broadway tube stations. There's also plenty of parking, bike shelters and showers.
On campus you'll find six subsidised restaurants and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
Recognised as an 'Inclusive Top 50 Employer' and a 'Times Top 50 Employer for Women', we're working hard to ensure we're a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and the potential you'll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.